Wish Setlist Manager

wolferich

I would love to have a setlist management in the AX8.

I used to use it intensively with my Gordius Midi pedal. I could link songtitles with presets (used just a handful except for some very special settings) and programmed setlists with songtitles before a show. No need to have a specific preset for every song. Scrolling through the songlist was very convenient and the pedal also sent PC midi-messages (up/down did the job with syncronised lists) to my ipad loading the lyrics of each song to the screen.

I would love to have such functionality on the AX8.

Quicco is plugged in but I use Onsong. Is there any special advantage of Setlist maker?

Ok I understand better now. I can send the necessary Midi messages with Onsong. Nevertheless, I want to avoid using my hands switching between songs. So I'd like to see additional functionality of the AX8. Minimum is sending midi PC messages when I scroll through presets using the function switches, better would be an integrated setlist/preset/scene managment.

An option to send specific midi messages to the midi out port in addition to the "standard" function switch functions would increase the midi-flexibility a lot and should be only limited programming effort.

You can send one MIDI PC per scene, and the default scene's PC will fire when you bring up the preset. If you aren't already using the MIDI PCs for other gear on your board, you can easily integrate and control something like Onsong.

I would love to have a setlist management in the AX8.

I used to use it intensively with my Gordius Midi pedal. I could link songtitles with presets (used just a handful except for some very special settings) and programmed setlists with songtitles before a show. No need to have a specific preset for every song. Scrolling through the songlist was very convenient and the pedal also sent PC midi-messages (up/down did the job with syncronised lists) to my ipad loading the lyrics of each song to the screen.

I would love to have such functionality on the AX8.
Actually - If Fractal and Xavier could team up a bit on code, they could really unlock a lot of potential in the AX8, setlist management being one of them. I'm completely hooked on the Little Giant.

That would be really a dream team. Ax8 preamp with Gordius flexibility, wow.
Actually...I believe M@tt used to work with Xavier from Gordius.

If Fractal could layer open ended midi functionality like gordius on top of AX8 implementation, I'd be an AX8 user in a heartbeat. The need to control additional gear with midi isn't going away and is probably increasing as bands get into supporting tracks, self contained lights and other things that add capability without adding members.

An über-midi version of the AX8 would be a very cool thing.

Unfortunately there seem to be some problems in the relation between Fractal Audio and Gordius/Xavier and the chances for this (from user point of view) desirable cooperation are close to zero.

The PC solution does not work for me because I dont want a scene per song. I would already be happy with a midi signal from a long tap on a f-switch that qould trigger the next/previous song.

Ok I understand better now. I can send the necessary Midi messages with Onsong. Nevertheless, I want to avoid using my hands switching between songs. So I'd like to see additional functionality of the AX8. Minimum is sending midi PC messages when I scroll through presets using the function switches, better would be an integrated setlist/preset/scene managment.

An option to send specific midi messages to the midi out port in addition to the "standard" function switch functions would increase the midi-flexibility a lot and should be only limited programming effort.

You can do it the other way around. Use a Bluetooth pedal (such as AirTurn) to control onSong and make it send PCs to the AX8.

If I would have to use an extra pedal for that simple scenario, I would consider to send back the AX8. Lets not forget that the AX8 is build as a footpedal! It should at least have basic midi functionality. My intention ist to have a streamlined setup of only one pedal (AX8) for my guitar and an ipad with onsong showing me the lyrics. For the scrolling in onsong it only needs a minimum of midi signals to be sent out. Until now this doesnt seem to be possible and I would really like to see such a possibillity implemented in a future update.

Anyhow, in case of a second pedal I would use my Gordius LG2 and not a bluetooth pedal because then I would have the full flexibility to do whatever I want in respect to midi messages to any other device, for example sending tempo and scenes to a mixer or something like this. But again, thats not what I want today. I just want to scoll through my lyrics for example with a long press oo a function switch (as long as there will not be any setlist management in the AX8).

As noted, the AX8 can send a MIDI PC, when switching presets.

The FX8 has expanded MIDI functionality (CCs). Perhaps it will be carried over to the AX8 at some point, who knows.

That would be really a dream team. Ax8 preamp with Gordius flexibility, wow.
This is how I try to solve this:
Ax8%20Pedalboard.JPG

As far as I can see it there is no PC message sent if I use the function switches with PRESET UP or PRESET DOWN for scrolling through presets. A PC message is only sent if I call a preset through SINGLE PRESET/BANK followed by Switch 1-8.

Did I miss something?

As far as I can see it there is no PC message sent if I use the function switches with PRESET UP or PRESET DOWN for scrolling through presets. A PC message is only sent if I call a preset through SINGLE PRESET/BANK followed by Switch 1-8.

Did I miss something?

If a preset's default scene (the first scene to come up with the preset) has been correctly configured to send a MIDI PC, then it will fire regardless of how you recall the preset.

Back
Top Bottom