Setlist function preview

Huh. This is actually the first I've looked into this new feature (probably since I'm mainly on my FM3 these days). Quite impressive; and CC does a great job demonstrating it.

I'm curious if this will be implemented well enough or will be more convenient than calling up presets/scenes via Bluetooth MIDI through OnSong...

I'm not doing all that work when I have played with people who you STILL have to yell out the
damn Key of the song to THEM after they have been playing it for a couple of decades. Geeesh!!

"If it ain't in E, Buddy, it is probably in A." ;)

I don't think I've ever been envious of anything the III had that the FM3 doesn't until now. I know this is on the way, but thought y'all might enjoy this sneak peek:

And why is Cooper's voice getting deeper? Must be Fatherhood. :)

Cool idea....I do something like this with my iPad using Onsong where each song brings up a preset and the initial scene. But, I don't switch presets within a song (and I don't think I'd want to because of the longer gap)

Excellent!! Can't wait for this to hit the FM3. It would help considerably with a lot of the configuration issues I'm trying to work around.

I'm not doing all that work when I have played with people who you STILL have to yell out the
damn Key of the song to THEM after they have been playing it for a couple of decades. Geeesh!!

"If it ain't in E, Buddy, it is probably in A." ;)

For cover bands gigs I'm now creating a preset for every song, and I'm starting to put the key right in the title (especially for songs where it's not played in the original key ...), as well as saving the tempo so that there are fewer 'discussions' about what the agreed tempo is. I'm even starting to put a tap tempo switch as a hold function on the layout (which I don't normally do, since I have a dedicated external TT switch ...) just so I can hold down the 'reveal hold' feature and then there's a big Blinky LED with the tempo that the other band members can see!

There are no stupid questions they say, but here might be a serious attempt at one;

Does this mean that I have a seamless transition from one preset (no matter what scene) to another when they are implemented in the same songstructure?

There are no stupid questions they say, but here might be a serious attempt at one;

Does this mean that I have a seamless transition from one preset (no matter what scene) to another when they are implemented in the same songstructure?
Define "seamless."

Aren't bands fun?
Back when we formed an acoustic trio, the drummer took on the rhythm guitar role. Not really having much experience, he could NOT remember his minor chords from his major. When the song goes to an Em, and he'd play an E major, at the same time I'm playing the Em, it would hit me right upside my head, and sound terrible!! And he did it constantly!

Then there was the time when another drummer would speed up every time he did a fill. Song would be 10bpm faster at the end than what it started at!

Very cool. The ability to organise presets this way without having to shuffle them around in the Preset Manager is great! Looking forward to seeing it implemented on the FM3.

One question though: Is it possible to assign one stomp button to "Next Song Section" (and I guess also one for "Previous Song Section")? That would save some potential mishaps of selecting the wrong Section. Or basically what happens to me occasionally, as I'm only using 1 preset per song and sometimes select the wrong Scene there too. :)

As a wish (I know, greedy greedy...): I would also love to be able to define more than 6 Sections per song, but I have no clue whether the programming architecture allows for that to be upgraded. As an example, I have a 6-scene preset for one song, but that song consists of 10 or 11 sections. So I'd love to have 12 or even more sections available.

Cool idea....I do something like this with my iPad using Onsong where each song brings up a preset and the initial scene. But, I don't switch presets within a song (and I don't think I'd want to because of the longer gap)
I use onsong also. Didn’t know you could control the fm3 with it. Crazy!

Without a tiny moment of drop out/silence. Not even talking about spillover, just a transition between presets like we have now between two scenes within the same preset.
As elegant as the Setlist function is, it's still switching between presets and scenes. Those timings remain unchanged.

Aren't bands fun?
Back when we formed an acoustic trio, the drummer took on the rhythm guitar role. Not really having much experience, he could NOT remember his minor chords from his major. When the song goes to an Em, and he'd play an E major, at the same time I'm playing the Em, it would hit me right upside my head, and sound terrible!! And he did it constantly!

Then there was the time when another drummer would speed up every time he did a fill. Song would be 10bpm faster at the end than what it started at!

Haha! Choruses are not for the crowd to sing along to. Choruses are for drummers to speed up to. ;)

Back
Top Bottom