set up for stage and P.A....

virgil

Experienced
Hello guys,
Well,I`m ready for the road again,with my band..
I`m just another happy owner of an ULTRA...
One question please:
1...( Being onstage..I still enjoy my mesa 2:90 with two La Boga 2x12 cabs..
...and I want them there next to me...
but also I`d like to run to the P.A. system and then the sound engineer send the sound in some monitors..)
so...how do I have to connect my ultra to have both situations work fine for me ?
the question is : if I have my presets settings for my stage equipement(wich I like a lot..)
do I have to change them for the FOH ?..well,

2...and what do I have to do:..for my stage set up: cabs sim or without cabs sim ?
power amp sim or without ?
and for the P.A. ?...what settings?

( I know maybe somewhere here it is an answer already,but please ,somebody..take a time and
answer to my Q..very clear `cause I`m not good at tech stuff at all )
Sorry guys for your time and Thank you in advance..

You can do one of a couple of things.

Mic your cab.

or

place a fx loop block in between your amp and cab block on the axe-fx and use output 2 for your poweramp and cab. Output 1 would go to the house. This will send the signal before the cab emulation to your real poweramp and cabs and also pass the signal on the cab block then to output 1. You will need to place any post effects (like delay and reverb) before the fx loop block.The issue there would be the sound you send to the board will probably sound different then the sound out your poweramp and cab. That is mostly because your real speakers will be different from the axe-fx emulated ones (you can try to pick on as close as possible). Also, your real poweramp may colr the tone. That may not be an issue for you but you should be aware of it. In this case you would leave the poweramp and cab sims on.

virgil said:
Thank you very much !
..one more...
balance to P.A...and unbalance.for my stage set up..right?

Output 2 is unbalnced, so yes - don't confuse it w/ the output 1 unbalanced

Output 1 Balanced to the PA, yes.

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, but have seen a couple of routing layouts it

One like this:

AMP - CHORUS - DELAY - REVERB - EFFECTS LOOP - CABINET-----OUTPUT

and one like this:

AMP - CHORUS - DELAY - REVERB - ------------------ CABINET---OUTPUT
\ EFFECTS LOOP (no shunts here)

Does it matter which routing you use?

Back
Top Bottom