Wish Set Transformer Match value automatically to reflect mismatch when switching PA tubes types

Lilarcor

Inspired
IIRC Cliff has once stated that when changing the power amp (PA) tube type the virtual output transformer is also changed to match these tubes.
That's something you wouldn't do on a real amp as it would require you to actually swap out the transformer. And that's the main reason why changing real PA tubes often leads to drastic tone changes. It's not the tubes themselves but the mismatched transformer. When changing the tube type in the Axe Fx the difference in tone is quite negligible because of the transformer being matched automatically. To get the same results as on a real amp you need to actually mismatch the virtual transformer using the Transformer Match value.
I think it would be cool if the Transformer Match value would automatically change to reflect the mismatch caused by changing the tube type WITHOUT changing the transformer. If one would like to have a correctly matched virtual transformer he could just set the value back to 1.

The problem with this IIRC is it would really screw up presets
But ya if you have say an SLO and changed the tubes to EL34 it would be nice if all the power amps parameters auto changed values to match

I hope that it comes to a point soon where it makes sense for this to be implemented and we all just bite the bullet on presets. From what I can tell the last big update affected presets and they had to be altered anyway.

I hope that it comes to a point soon where it makes sense for this to be implemented and we all just bite the bullet on presets. From what I can tell the last big update affected presets and they had to be altered anyway.
+1

And if I understand what you mean here yes... if just seems that if you change anything at all in the configuration of a preset, it's simply not technically a "preset" anymore and we must (and should) just bite the bullet on that.

I was talking about people who had changed theoutput tube type or any parameter that affected it. Their existing preset(s) would be altered with a firmware release and they would have to check or tweak it to make sure it still have them the sound they wanted.

I was talking about people who had changed theoutput tube type or any parameter that affected it. Their existing preset(s) would be altered with a firmware release and they would have to check or tweak it to make sure it still have them the sound they wanted.
I think it would be cool as someone mentioned above have a switchThat allows Vrtual tube Swap
On or off , On it reconfigures the PA and corresponding values off it does not

Back
Top Bottom