Serious love for the new Master Amp Vol Trim and external controller

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Am loving the new master volume trim in the amp block Cliff added -- it's awesome. I normally would set up Amp Block an exp. pedals to control gain/drive, but now I just set them to where drive interacts best with master volume amp on 10, and then use exp. pedal to set a range of .75 to 1.5 on the master trim volume block...fabulous.

You back off, you blend in background on rhythm and your tone is a little cleaner, you push it forward for lead and it gets nasty but not as much as pushing the drive/gain control too high. Not exactly like a volume pedal in front of the amp, flavors it a little different to my ear.

To spare you some programming frustration, know that the current Axe Edit does not recognize this exp. control/can't program it from Axe Edit -- so you have to enter the parameters from the AXE II front interface, click on amp, scroll right to the the advanced amp page, select Master Vol Trim 3rd down, then click "enter" and you can set it up.

Uber cool, just put in with a Plexi and Matchless amps and it works great. I just wanted to show Cliff and crew some love for these little innovations that ease the path to tonal bliss...

Here's an example for a Plexi from a Preset I juts posted on Axe Change based on the Austin Texas band Storyville from the 1990's....

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr. Storyville Holt - by austinbuddy1

Cool trick!

Nice tip Buddy !
I also noticed that for most real time CC tweaking in a preset, closing AE is mandatory. Else, it sometimes "fight" the values I'm trying to enter on the front panel

Back
Top Bottom