Separating Reverb Outputs

Input 2 = Vocal Mic 1
Input 3 = Vocal Mic 2
I have Mixer for Output 2 panned L and Mixer for Output 3 panned right.
It's working correctly, except since the Reverb block is stereo,
I'm getting bleed from Input 2 into output 3 and vice versa.
I can't add another Reverb block because they are all being used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• BassVocal_20221107_132531.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
If you run the Reverb block in parallel, at 100% mix, will it matter that the Reverb makes it to both sides of the house?

Not sure if that would trip the soundman out or not.. I might just send input 3 thru a short delay instead of sharing the reverb block.

That is the same way an effect bus running a Reverb works on a mixer. Whatever is sent to that Reverb will be in the Reverb tails. Unless you are using two busses into two reverbs, or a true stereo Reverb. It's very common to run a single Reverb for all of the vocal mics.

You could use the two Reverb blocks in two completely independent signal chains for the two mics. And them explore some of the awesome Reverbs in the Plex-Delay block for your bass path.

Last edited:
Are you wanting each mic to have a dedicated stereo reverb, or two mono reverbs?

I'm also seeing some issues in your preset. Mute bypass types, possible dry signal going through parallel paths, conflicting level settings, and more.

I can continue here or, P.M. me if you want to discuss this and possible solutions to your original issue privately.

Why would you need a third reverb block? Collapsing and hard panning the existing two reverbs separates their tails into their respective channels.

Edit: Just noticed you posted the preset. With that grid setup, would won't be able to get separation between the two channels in the lower reverb block. The Reverb block doesn't process stereo inputs separately. It sums the input channels to mono and then processes them. The output of the delay lines in the reverb algorithms get panned in stereo based on the Stereo Spread parameter, but it does not maintain stereo separation of the input in the process. You would need a separate reverb block or alternative to maintain full separation.

As a possible work around you can maybe use diffusion in the Delay block to create some basic reverb sounds.

Last edited:
Why would you need a third reverb block? Collapsing and hard panning the existing two reverbs separates their tails into their respective channels.

Edit: Just noticed you posted the preset. With that grid setup, would won't be able to get separation between the two channels in the lower reverb block. The Reverb block doesn't process stereo inputs separately. It sums the input channels to mono and then processes them. The output of the delay lines in the reverb algorithms get panned in stereo based on the Stereo Spread parameter, but it does not maintain stereo separation of the input in the process. You would need a separate reverb block or alternative to maintain full separation.

As a possible work around you can maybe use diffusion in the Delay block to create some basic reverb sounds.
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up just running the 3rd input through a delay block. That seems to get the separation of both vocal mics in the left and right channels of Output 2

Back
Top Bottom