+1! Resurrecting this thread like Easter Sunday!

I would love to have the ability to send MIDI clock messages to my Strymon trifecta. My life would be so much easier!

One work around that I found was to assign an FM3 button to a Control Switch setting that sends a MIDI Tap CC#81 message to my Strymon TimeLine which in turn sends MIDI Clock messages BACK to the FM3 and syncs the tempo up across the board. But I'd rather be able to do this with the onboard FM3 Tap Tempo button and have it flash in time.

PLEASE!

Attachments

• IMG_0411.PNG
    IMG_0411.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
+1
Wondering why this was ignored ever since? Fractal tells us they taking wishes seriously, so I assume there's a reason not to implement it...

greetings from a customer

Last edited:
Wondering why this was ignored ever since? Fractal tells us they taking wishes seriously, so I assume there's a reason not to implement it...
There’s no enough time to develop an implementation for every wish. Fractal has to prioritize them.

Bump - this does seem a bit of an oversight. My thought was to put my BigSky and Timeline in the rack with my Axe3, and have them clock'd to the Axe3 always, but seems it isn't possible, which is a bummeroonie.

+1

As someone who's implemented MIDI clock in other devices it kind of sucks in principle and doing it in a stable way is difficult if you haven't designed support for it from the ground up. Tiny amounts of jitter in the clock send can cause large BPM swings in receiving devices

Bump - this does seem a bit of an oversight. My thought was to put my BigSky and Timeline in the rack with my Axe3, and have them clock'd to the Axe3 always, but seems it isn't possible, which is a bummeroonie.
I don't think "oversight" is the case.

Fractal devices have never had a midi clock source (at least as far back as the Axe Fx II, but it think never).

It's not like it slipped somebody's mind to include.

I suspect it's an intentional decision.

As someone who's implemented MIDI clock in other devices it kind of sucks in principle and doing it in a stable way is difficult if you haven't designed support for it from the ground up. Tiny amounts of jitter in the clock send can cause large BPM swings in receiving devices
this is true. But what about opening up for sending a midi cc with the tap tempo button? Then you could send the neccesary taps to keep other boxes at least in the ballpark. That way you could use the axe/fm3/9 to trigger another device that could act as the clock. That should not be that hard to implement, and would at least give us some control from an fc6/12

+1

I’m sure they have taken this seriously considering how often it’s asked for. Doesn’t mean they’ll implement it. The reasons why can range from too complex to make worth it to they simply do not want to. The reason why doesn’t really matter. We just don’t have it today. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
And for the record I’ve experienced some jittery clocking internally with the axe. I’ve set up the sequencer to do synth riffs, and sometimes the tempo fluctuates. Not all the time, but sometimes. I also experienced this with the metronome in the box.

And for the record I’ve experienced some jittery clocking internally with the axe. I’ve set up the sequencer to do synth riffs, and sometimes the tempo fluctuates. Not all the time, but sometimes. I also experienced this with the metronome in the box.
Are are getting clock input from an external source, like a DAW.

I experienced issues in the past where the tempo seemed jittery/jumpy and Cliff said that was probably due to the clock source.

Are are getting clock input from an external source, like a DAW.

I experienced issues in the past where the tempo seemed jittery/jumpy and Cliff said that was probably due to the clock source.
I’ve tried both external and internal. Had events with both. It’s rare though, and when it happens it’s just a beat that is delayed. But then the next is dead on again. So it’s just like a human brain fart. Like playing the 6th fret (when one should aim for the 7th) and sliding up to the 7th in just a split second.. heheh

+1 for getting not so steady tempos. It isn’t really mission critical for me because it isn’t unsteady long enough to effect my time based fx to the point they’re out of overall tempo. But yes that light isn’t always flashing quite as steady as it should.

I don't think "oversight" is the case.

Fractal devices have never had a midi clock source (at least as far back as the Axe Fx II, but it think never).

It's not like it slipped somebody's mind to include.

I suspect it's an intentional decision.
Potato, potahtolini. It's definitely an issue when other devices on the market that cost half the price do this, and they do it perfectly.

Potato, potahtolini. It's definitely an issue when other devices on the market that cost half the price do this, and they do it perfectly.
But what other device deliver the same sonic variety and wonder in the guitar sound department?? First and foremost that is what the fractal is about. Don’t get me wrong, but I wish for a solution for this as well. I just don’t find it super critical. But I want it! Really, really want it! Axe fx 3 ❤️❤️❤️

But what other device deliver the same sonic variety and wonder in the guitar sound department?? First and foremost that is what the fractal is about. Don’t get me wrong, but I wish for a solution for this as well. I just don’t find it super critical. But I want it! Really, really want it! Axe fx 3 ❤️❤️❤️
Helix. <ducks>

Back
Top Bottom