Selling HX Stomp to save and purchase an FM3. is it worth it?

I enjoy my Stomp through an SD Powerstage 170 and real cab, but I seem to be an anomaly as I can’t stand IR’s and FRFR. The Friedman cranked gives me all the sound and feel I can handle in spades. I do like all the amps the FM3 has though, that’s pretty cool.

I value the opinion of anyone who’s willing to publicly acknowledge that truth. My favorite “Les Paul” is a Chinese almost-knockoff that cost me $100 in a pawn shop. It plays like a dream, and even the stock pickups sound great.

When I state this publicly, the best I get is a polite “That’s nice. Glad you found something you like.” No one is willing to risk saying that a real Gibxxn might not be any better.
I have played a few Tokai Loverock Les Pauls that were way better than any Gibsons I have played before.

Reactions: Rex
which one sounded more realistic and had better response to you? the Atomic or hx stomp?
It's hard to say. While I had both units - and was initially excited to use them - the thrill wore off. They just didn't scratch that tone itch. Ultimately, I fell out of touch with both units. The FM3 is such a game changer for me. It has really reinvigorated my desire to play again. To actually answer you question, though (lol), I think you can get either one of those to sound "presentable" given enough tweaking - and the right IRs. For me, though, I'm sold on Fractal and will definitely be selling my Stomp and Amplifire.

Back
Top Bottom