Secondary PC# to IA switch

Erik Hammero

Inspired
I cant figure out how to assign another PC# on another channel to for instance IA switch 1.
What I want is that when I press IA1, preset 1 on the Axe FX is loaded on midi channel 1 and I want it to also send PC#1 on midi channel 2 to another device for preset change.
I'm sure it is described somewhere but I cant find it. :?

AFAIK it can't be done, unless you're using Custom MIDI.

The MFC lets you send two CCs and one PC. For additional stuff you need to use custom midi commands.

I see. What will be the best way to control another unit together with the Axe FX with the MFC-101?

I think you can do that but not exactly using the IA switch. Each MFC-101 preset, when selected, can send CC commands and PC commands. The "Internal CCs" can handle CCs for you and you can set their values (which are global across all Presets) and the on/off state each time a Preset is selected. I'm not sure where it is in the MFC-101 manual but on the PRESETS page of MFC-Edit near the bottom theres a "Program Change" table. There are 16 entries in the table, one for each MIDI channel, where you can select the PC you want to send for each MIDI channel when the Preset is selected by any means, including IA Switches. You can right-click the mouse on the Program Change table to get a pop-up menu of power options that can be very helpful. By default, the Preset number is sent as a PC on all MIDI channels. I've haven't spent much time testing it yet, but I will soon as I'm hooking up a vocal processor also so that when I change songs the correct Preset and effects are also selected in the vocal processor.

Yek is correct about "IA" switches, But.......

Each "Preset" switch can send any "PC"# message on any or all 16 midi channels.

*SOLVED*
I see now that my question was "wrong". Yek is (of course) right when he say that its not possible to add another PC# to a IA switch.
What I was after was actually what Moke said.
I wanted to make another unit switch preset when I change preset on the Axe FX with the MFC. I added a PC# on a different channel on each PRESET switch and its working perfect.
Hit a preset button on the MFC and both the Axe Fx and the other unit switches presets on their own channels. :)

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom