Scrolling through patches

M_Falc

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question, I hope someone here can help me. I want to scroll through my patches without Axe FX switching from my current patch. I'm recording my patch changes via midi into Pro Tools, so I need to punch into the verse, then chorus, ect. So, I need to cue up my next patch without actually switching to that preset. Is there a setting somewhere to change this behaviour?
Thanks!
M.

I'm not sure what you mean by cue up? If protools is doing the patch change, then there is nothing to cue up (just put the patch change message in the MIDI track in the right place), it just makes the patch change? Do you mean you foot controller? If that is the case it would depend which foot controller you are using.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by cue up? If protools is doing the patch change, then there is nothing to cue up (just put the patch change message in the MIDI track in the right place), it just makes the patch change? Do you mean you foot controller? If that is the case it would depend which foot controller you are using.

Pro tools isn't doing anything right now. I'm recording my patch changes into it. If I scroll through my patches axeFX will send a barrage of cc numbers to the midi track which is not what I want. I want to cue up my next patch as the song is playing then punch in the patch change for the chorus for example. I'm coming from the Line 6 Vetta II which had the option of changing how you scroll through patches. I'd be surprised if the AxeFX couldn't do this
M.

On the main screen of the AxeFX, hit the right arrow to the DIR tab. Then you can just scroll through the presets to the one you want without it selecting the patch. Highlight it, hit enter and rock the hell out of it.

Yep, while at the Recall screen, page over to DIR or A-Z pages. DIR is a listing of presets in order of number. A-Z is an alphabetical listing of presets by name.

On the main screen of the AxeFX, hit the right arrow to the DIR tab. Then you can just scroll through the presets to the one you want without it selecting the patch. Highlight it, hit enter and rock the hell out of it.

Perfect! You guys rock. Thanks a million.

Back
Top Bottom