Screen disassembling ! How?

gabriele ciullo

Experienced
I should open my Axe Fx II because there is a strange little black point into the screen
display. I don't know if it's a group of damnaged pixels or a little insect fused on it by hot.
Is there here someone that can explain me step by step how I can disassemble the display please?
Thank you friends !

There are a couple of plastic nuts on the posts that hold the board. Those need to be loosened (which isnt half as hard as putting them back on). Better not use pliers for that. You need the special tiny wrenches, 7/32" or 5.5mm or thereabouts, or you'll risk damaging at least the nuts or the board or something else in the vicinity. The bottom bolts are hard to reach. Which is obvious. Of course. You could remove the PSU board, but I decided to just wing it. I had some of those tools from a cheap electronics tools set that I bought a couple decades ago. I'm sure they still exist.

I had to replace the LCD board because it kept fading. G66 sent me one to do myself, which is very much preferable than shipping it to Germany. The new one doesn't fade anymore. Clear as a bell.

There are a couple of plastic nuts on the posts that hold the board. Those need to be loosened (which isnt half as hard as putting them back on). Better not use pliers for that. You need the special tiny wrenches, 7/32" or 5.5mm or thereabouts, or you'll risk damaging at least the nuts or the board or something else in the vicinity. The bottom bolts are hard to reach. Which is obvious. Of course. You could remove the PSU board, but I decided to just wing it. I had some of those tools from a cheap electronics tools set that I bought a couple decades ago. I'm sure they still exist.

I had to replace the LCD board because it kept fading. G66 sent me one to do myself, which is very much preferable than shipping it to Germany. The new one doesn't fade anymore. Clear as a bell.

Thank you friend !
Here I have not a couple but four plastic nuts.

I replaced a screen a couple AFX's ago. Piece of cake. Once you open the box, it'll be pretty obvious, I think. It took longer to take all the screws out of the case cover, than to replace the screen.

I'd open it and take a look, and see if it looks doable, and go for it, if you're confident. Watch out for the connectors - I don't remember for sure, but I think it's a ribbon cable. Obviously, if it's a Warranty issue, I'd take care to discuss it with them, first.

Back
Top Bottom