Scott Peterson Styled Preset Template

DeVille

Howdy you all.

Back toward the end of the Ultra days, I was making a bunch of preset following Scott’s two row layout with the time effects in parallel.

I just got my AXE II.

Is that layout still a preferred technique, or does something about the AXE II make that approach unnecessary?

I looked, but I could not find an AXE II version of any of Scott’s presets. Can someone direct me?

DeVille

There are a million preferred techniques. Scott was just explaining the technique he prefers, and that has brought him success—he's been pretty up-front about pointing that out.

You can use his template to create a preset of your own, deleting any blocks you don't use, adding blocks you want to use, put your time effects in series or parallel as you prefer...pretty much whatever you want to do. Scott gave very detailed explanations for much of what he did in his presets. If those ideas worked for you, you can put together your own patch, based on his Ultra templates, pretty quickly.

Who knows?...he may even post something similar for the II one of these days. :)

Who knows?...he may even post something similar for the II one of these days. :)

Way sooner than later... stay tuned...

For the record, the first 40+ factory presets are based on a very familiar template (hint hint). ;) (On the Axe-FX II click "Utility", then tab over to the "Credits" page and then move your cursor down...) :D Fractal tweaked them out - it wasn't all me or anything of the sort. But... well, just look at them. LOL.

Last edited:
I'm definitely staying tuned for that.

For the record, the first 40+ factory presets are based on a very familiar template (hint hint). ;) (On the Axe-FX II click "Utility", then tab over to the "Credits" page and then move your cursor down...) :D Fractal tweaked them out - it wasn't all me or anything of the sort. But... well, just look at them. LOL.
I noticed the template on those patches—entirely missed the source. I should have known... :)

Interesting, Scott, that you place Comp first. Although I'm not much of a Comp-Stomp user, I've always used this after Wah and Phase because I find it can help to level the volume variations you can get with these effects. Mainly relevant to cleaner patches, and I have no idea what these patches sound like yet (still waiting impatiently :p)

Standing By

On the one hand I’m glad that it wasn’t pure in competence on my part that kept me from finding the latest Scott Peterson presets.

On the other hand, now that I have been teased, I’m anxious to see (hear) what Scott posts.

Thanks for chiming in Scott! I’ll be standing by...also impatiently.

And wow, I have to get some glasses. click "Utility" in the previous post’s quote (italics) didn’t look like CLICK at first.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Santa Scott, hook us up soon.

You've posted some great detailed tips for 3.02. If you're so inclined, it'd be awesome to get an updated set of those 40 presets retweaked by you to showcase 3.02. The thread that grape posted (even though it went a little awry) showed that at least some of the new stock presets for 3.02 didn't sound as good as in 2.0 (I believe you agreed) because they weren't totally dialed in for 3.02. For those of us who tend to get lost in the advanced params and stick close to basic presets, having someone with your experience do it as a starting point would be extremely valuable. Definately the type of thing I'm going to need to jump aboard the 3.02 bandwagon. Cheers!

You've posted some great detailed tips for 3.02. If you're so inclined, it'd be awesome to get an updated set of those 40 presets retweaked by you to showcase 3.02. The thread that grape posted (even though it went a little awry) showed that at least some of the new stock presets for 3.02 didn't sound as good as in 2.0 (I believe you agreed) because they weren't totally dialed in for 3.02. For those of us who tend to get lost in the advanced params and stick close to basic presets, having someone with your experience do it as a starting point would be extremely valuable. Definately the type of thing I'm going to need to jump aboard the 3.02 bandwagon. Cheers!

I'd disagree - Cliff has redone all the presets for firmware 3.xx now and they are posted up on the Fractal site. Load in the newer updated bank of presets and go from there before you assume I agreed with Grape. I agree that one set of his clips were better than another set of his clips. I also said in the same post that it was obvious that he didn't do anything to any of the second sounding set to make them work for him. He wanted them to sound poopy, he succeeded. I could make a Standard running it's firmware at version 3.00 sound better than a II running it's version 3.00 **if I dialed it that way** and so could you or anyone else. He was clearly using that entire thread to stir the pot; and clips say nothing. He would not share any presets for verification of what he was doing. I'm not stupid enough to bite on that game.

Read my thread/post for dialing in 3.00. That's all I do. It's not magic. There's no mystery. I'm not holding anything back, nor am I that smart. It's just as simple as I present it. Note that what i offer as initial tweaks are *starting points* not every parameter setting stays there for me. And my way is NOT the only way, is NOT the right way and is NOT the best way for many. It just works for me (and hopefully others).

Back
Top Bottom