Scored a Marshall Club and Country

Yeah it's not light, but the heaviest combo amp I've ever seen was a 5150 2x12, there is a reason there are 2 handles on it lol..

I had an Ampeg VT-22 with 2 EVM-12Ls in it back about 100 years ago.

Ampeg%20VT-22_zpsw3be8adn.jpg

You wanna talk about heavy! Even my wiry 18 year old ass couldn't hump that thing around without a hand truck. I'm not sure why they even put that handle on it.

So we don't have the amp "yet" in the units so we must play around with other amps but how about the speakers and cab? What would be the best choice to be close to the tone taking in count not only the speakers but that is a 2x12 combo and that factory celestion choices mostly come in 4x12?

BTW I played around with the Double Verb Nrm changing the power tubes to EL34, used a Micro Boost drive to add a little extra umph to the signal and the 4x12 Hi-Power cab and got this tone... forgot to say the guitar was a 1981 Kramer Pacer Standard (maple board) with Bill Lawrence L500XL humbucker.

Last edited:
I had an Ampeg VT-22 with 2 EVM-12Ls in it back about 100 years ago.

Ampeg%20VT-22_zpsw3be8adn.jpg

You wanna talk about heavy! Even my wiry 18 year old ass couldn't hump that thing around without a hand truck. I'm not sure why they even put that handle on it.

LEND THIS TO CLIFF !! ITS THE ONLY AMP I DREAM ABOUT BEING ADDED TO THE LIST. that or a vt-44. this will do.

BTW I played around with the Double Verb Nrm changing the power tubes to EL34, used a Micro Boost drive to add a little extra umph to the signal and the 4x12 Hi-Power cab and got this tone... forgot to say the guitar was a 1981 Kramer Pacer Standard (maple board) with Bill Lawrence L500XL humbucker.

Hey, so this thread is old, but you should have gotten some praise, I think your preset sounds fantastic! (Sounds closer to Limelight than the 4140 demo above.) Is it available? 😁

Back
Top Bottom