Wish Scene Volume Block

Smittefar

Axe-Master
Today, we have a scene master volume slider in the output block. However, it is not especially useful, since adjustments to that will also affect reverb and delay trails, when you switch scenes.

I wish to have a new block type "Scene Volume". It needs only to have one control "Volume", but the value of the control needs to be stored per scene. It does not even need to have a bypass state, as it would be an 'always on' block. x/y is not needed either.

It would be great, if it was accesible from the VU meter screen as well.

Yes, but that's a really very tedious workaround, and the scene controllers are really difficult (at least ten button pushes) to access on the unit

Actually, after thinking about it the amp level parameter is probably not the best place to do this! It would make leveling scenes a much more time consuming process for some people because they would have no choice but to level every scene even if all they were doing was turning on and off FX. The amp level is the first thing I go to almost every time I make a preset and I wouldn't want to have to go through every scene and adjust level if I didn't have to.
What might be more useful would be an additional level control in the amp block called "scene level" that would always default to 0. That way you can initially set up your preset level using the normal level control and then use the scene level to do any boosts or cuts on any scenes that need it but all the scenes that don't need it will just match the first scene!

Here is a crazy idea, what if you use the FX loop? It's output level is set per scene! You could just use patch cables to link the input and output. This is a weird work around but it would work!

About the FX loop, I think, it is a slightly clumsy workaround, and it will also double the latency (which is low, but still)

I just attached scene controller 2 to the cab block level on 42 presets - Now I can do, what I could have done with a scene level block. But OMG it is tedious to do it this way.

I'm assuming this would come before the delay and reverb blocks, so that it doesn't affect the level of the trails? I like that idea because otherwise as you said the trails could bump or drop significantly.

Maybe FAS could redesign the existing volume block to be able to set each scene level from there? That way we wouldn't need a separate Vol block and Scene Vol block, and we could still use it for EXP pedal control etc like we do now. But I don't know if the signal flow would work in a way that the Scene volume and the volume of the trails can be separated...?

Yeah - Ideally it could be put in the grid wherever you need it. If one could set a 'point' in the grid where the output block should 'work' that would be fine too. (if anybody understands what I meant by that last sentence)

You had a different cab on 42 presets? If it was the same in several presets, you could have used the block library, which includes modifier settings.

Many were the same, but yes in the beginning, I was reckless and definitely used too many different cabs. I also have different cut and proximity settings.

Back
Top Bottom