Scene selection via midi?

Just for grins, try setting On to 000 and Off to 008. Or vice versa. Both should select scene 1.
Tried both ways. Same thing. It defaults to Scene 8 and if pressed again goes back and forth between the scene 1 and 8.
As a test, can you set up any other switch - like 7 or 8 - as Scene 1? Same exact settings, just see what happens.
I will try that Chris. Gonna have to change the MFC layout though right? It’s set to default right now with buttons 1-5 as scenes and the IA06 Axe-Fx Comp 1, IA07 Axe-Fx Drive 1 etc...

Tried both ways. Same thing. It defaults to Scene 8 and if pressed again goes back and forth between the scene 1 and 8.

I will try that Chris. Gonna have to change the MFC layout though right? It’s set to default right now with buttons 1-5 as scenes and the IA06 Axe-Fx Comp 1, IA07 Axe-Fx Drive 1 etc...
Oh ok then can you just temporarily set switch 3 or something to Scene 1?

In the midi menu page right 8 times, IA01 c1 CC#34 Ch01. All the IA 1-17 need to be set to CC#34. Sorry just ones you want to use for scenes.

Ok. So I set switch 3 to go to Scene 1 and it worked fine. What did I do wrong somewhere?
that's what we need to figure out i guess. at least we know that the Axe3 is receiving the values correctly. check that off in the troubleshooting process.

can you set Switch 1 to Scene 4? does it go between different scenes as well, maybe 4 and 8?

when you say "it defaults to Scene 8" do you mean that say you're on Scene 5 (switch 5), then you press Switch 1 and it changed to Scene 8? (of course before we changed things around for testing)

you're using the Reveal function to get to the IA functions of Switches 1 - 5 right?

that's what we need to figure out i guess. at least we know that the Axe3 is receiving the values correctly. check that off in the troubleshooting process.

can you set Switch 1 to Scene 4? does it go between different scenes as well, maybe 4 and 8?

when you say "it defaults to Scene 8" do you mean that say you're on Scene 5 (switch 5), then you press Switch 1 and it changed to Scene 8? (of course before we changed things around for testing)

you're using the Reveal function to get to the IA functions of Switches 1 - 5 right?
Yes, on Reveal, and yes, if I’m on say Scene 5 (switch 5) and then press switch 1 it changes to Scene 8. But if I press switch 1 again it does change to Scene 1. But if I hit it again it goes back to Scene 8 and so on and so on.

The instructions above are slightly incorrect.

You don't want Off:000 On:00x
You want Off:OFF On:00x

The switches should not select scene 1 when turned off by another switch... they should do nothing.

The switches should not select scene 1 when turned off by another switch... they should do nothing.
Tried that. Exact same response. Defaults to Scene 8 when I press switch 1 but if I press it again it goes to Scene 1. Press the switch again back to Scene 8 and so on and so on.

For the time being I can just copy Scene 1 to Scene 8 as a workaround. No biggie. But it’s going to bug the crap out of me till I figure it out. LOL!

Maybe I missed it elsewhere... but what I said was to set both to the SAME value. I didn't realize there was a literal "off" value...

Using my method, the end results should be the same... Although it would cause redundant midi to be transmitted.

Tried that. Exact same response. Defaults to Scene 8 when I press switch 1 but if I press it again it goes to Scene 1. Press the switch again back to Scene 8 and so on and so on.
you're probably setting it up, but just making sure you saw my suggestion for testing:

set Scene 4 on Switch 1 - does it toggle between 8 and 4 now?

you're probably setting it up, but just making sure you saw my suggestion for testing:

set Scene 4 on Switch 1 - does it toggle between 8 and 4 now?
So I set switch 1 to Scene 4. It still toggles between 1 and 8. So weird.

Maybe I missed it elsewhere... but what I said was to set both to the SAME value. I didn't realize there was a literal "off" value...Using my method, the end results should be the same...

Only if you GLOBALLY tell the switches to not transmit their off values. Otherwise, you're sending contradictory instructions within a millisecond or two, which isn't kind to the receiver.

Only if you GLOBALLY tell the switches to not transmit their off values. Otherwise, you're sending contradictory instructions within a millisecond or two, which isn't kind to the receiver.
I don't understand that.

If I press On and it sends CC#34 value 000 and then I press Off it again sends CC#34 value 000, how is that contradictory? It's redundant, yes...

Not trying to argue, seriously trying to understand.

Back
Top Bottom