Scene Ignore - Weird Preset Behaviour

sick pickle

Inspired
I have this preset where I have a Pitch block set to act as a -1 Virtual Capo, acting like a Whammy dropping the tuning down a half step. I have been experiencing some weird outcomes with this preset. I have it set to Scene Ignore for that block, as I want it to be on the entire preset (scene agnostic).

I saved it, and it was perfect. Today I loaded it up at band practise and all the Pitch blocks were bypassed. I was stumped. I cannot figure it out.

Tonight I am looking at the Scene Mgr and noticing this:

CleanShot 2023-10-17 at 23.34.58@2x.png
It is showing Scene 6 as having channel C set for the Pitch Block. However, when I bring up Scene 6, Channel A is what is selected (it is the only channel I am using for the -1 capo effect):

CleanShot 2023-10-17 at 23.35.48@2x.png

Why would this be? This doesn't explain the situation of the Pitch block being bypassed after it was saved, but I am trying to figure out what may be happening. 🤔

I've had similar issues with odd block behaviour and specifically the pitch block just like you. I would save a preset with it bypassed, but also using scene ignore on all 4 channels, only to find when I booted the unit on, the pitch was enabled.

The advice I was given was to try toggling scenes, and try turning Scene Ignore off, save, then back on, and save again. This seems to have worked for me,

You could try ensuring in Scene Mgr that it's set to Channel A for all - then as an extra step of caution, disable/enable scene ignore and then copy Channel A to all channels

Looks like maybe it was set that way at some point, but setting the block to Scene Ignore makes this pretty much irrelevant.

Still can't figure out why tonight after loading up, the Pitch Block was disabled in every scene! I made sure before going to practise that it was set properly, enabled, and set to scene ignore. Super odd!

I've had similar issues with odd block behaviour and specifically the pitch block just like you. I would save a preset with it bypassed, but also using scene ignore on all 4 channels, only to find when I booted the unit on, the pitch was enabled.

The advice I was given was to try toggling scenes, and try turning Scene Ignore off, save, then back on, and save again. This seems to have worked for me,

You could try ensuring in Scene Mgr that it's set to Channel A for all - then as an extra step of caution, disable/enable scene ignore and then copy Channel A to all channels
That sounds exactly like what was happening to me, just the opposite!

Back
Top Bottom