Wish Scene Ignore for IR Player

I use the IR Player in every preset to load up Sound ID captures of my set up so that all my Axe sounds can have the "correction" applied for my very untreated room. I also often play using headphones at night and have the corresponding Sound ID correction EQ captured as IRs and stored in the Axe to accomplish the same task with headphones. But in order to play on headphones, I have to go and edit the IR player block for each preset and each scene and save the preset; and then repeat the whole thing when I want to play on monitors again the next day or something.

I think this would be a lot simpler if the IR player block simply had the scene ignore option so that I could just switch to the "headphones" scene and hit the scene ignore instead of having to go and save it for each scene only to reverse the whole process the next day. Hope this makes sense and wish Cliff and the team can make this happen!

But I don’t want to simply bypass it. I want to change channels and let those channels change for all scenes in one go.
That's why you use a Control Switch. You can tell them what to do when the scene changes. One of those options is to keep what it was last set to.

+1, I do the same thing. I save the settings in the Axe-Edit library so they are easy to recall, but you have to remember to set it up for every scene. Scene ignore would be useful for this block.

Maybe as a workaround, this setup will work for you:

Code:
----.----- IR Player --- Out 1 -> Headphones
    |
    '------------------- Out 2 -> Monitors
---

I think the mention of separate room & headphone correction IRs might be getting skipped over here. It seems Saarang wants to set the IR Player block to a certain channel (A or B) to suit the monitoring setup, and have it remain on that channel from there. Laxu's Out 1/2 example could work, but it would require a second IR player block for Out 2.

Note that Scene Ignore for IRP might not be the complete solution OP is picturing. Switching presets will use the saved state for the first scene, regardless of any scene ignore settings in the last or new scene/preset. You'd have to switch block channels after each preset change for one of the two monitoring setups. If the Axe-FX is within reach it might only require slightly more effort to use channel A with the two IR# parameters on a performance page.

Modifier capability for the IR#s (or channel selection) would be more ideal, because you could then assign a CS or Ext Ctrl and hold the state through preset changes.

Global blocks for IR Player would probably be the actual solution, but I think scene ignore is still worthy. I don't see IR player needing more than 1 or 2 global blocks available so you don't waste storage or memory on it.

Back
Top Bottom