Scene Controller Problem?

Doctor Wu

Inspired
I seem to be having a problem when assigning an amp block output EQ slider to a scene controller modifier. In the edit modifier page, I set the channel selector to A, but when I switch channels in the preset it retains the modified value from channel A regardless, switching to another unmodified channel seems to clear it. It's a little difficult to explain, so here's a video of the apparent problem.

I'm on FW 14.04 and Axe Edit 1.07.01

Preset attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• Temp 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Probably just a graphical glitch in axe edit.
Try to see if it does the same on the axe display

Probably just a graphical glitch in axe edit.
Try to see if it does the same on the axe display

I don't think it's just a graphical glitch because it does actually affect the audio output of the channel, I'll check it on the machine itself when I can. Thanks.

Modifier assignment can only be for one specific channel or for all channels of a block. I don't think we have the ability to change modifier settings separately for each channel yet.

You might be able to work around this by using the channels for the controller instead. Those are selectable per scene as well.

- Edit - I see what you are saying, the A settings are taking effect when they are not supposed to when you switch to other channels. Doing a little testing, it seems if you change channels via scenes, it seems to switch over correctly and channels A's modifier settings don't show up in other channels.

Last edited:
Modifier assignment can only be for one specific channel or for all channels of a block. I don't think we have the ability to change modifier settings separately for each channel yet.

You might be able to work around this by using the channels for the controller instead. Those are selectable per scene as well.
This doesn't seem relevant to the stated problem & video, which shows the modifier set to channel A. The problem is that the -4.80 dB slider value remains when first switching to another channel. The EQ only goes flat on the third channel in the A-B-C and A-C-B sequences shown.

noted above. Changing the channels directly I get the same behavior in the video, but if I change channels via scenes then channel A's modifier settings are ignored like they are supposed to. Might be a bug.

It’s probably a bug, I have the same problem with the amp boost when assigned to a scene controller

Back
Top Bottom