Saving settings

andyp13

Power User
In Axe Edit (latest version) - everytime I make an adjustment - on a Cab-Block for example and hit save a box comes up with the name 'Cab' I do not get a choice to save over a previous setting, I have been doing a lot of tweeking and saving - so I save as 'Cab' rather than a new name every save.
It does not even save over the 'Cab' just adds on to it so now I have about twenty settings all called 'Cab' and no idea which is which?

It seems that you're editing a Preset-Cab bundle.

Sorry, I dont understand?
I am tweeking a Cab-Sim Block that I made (did an IR of my cab) but everytime i save an adjustment it adds to the list?
I need to find out where the saves are stored and delete all but the latest one (though it would seem extream to have to do this everytime I make an afjustment).

Sorry, I dont understand?
I am tweeking a Cab-Sim Block that I made (did an IR of my cab) but everytime i save an adjustment it adds to the list?
I need to find out where the saves are stored and delete all but the latest one (though it would seem extream to have to do this everytime I make an afjustment).
Are you talking about saving just the block in Axe Edit?

Normally, if you don't change the name, it will replace the block already saved. Otherwise, type in a different name.

in the Settings/Preferences, it shows the file paths.

Are you talking about saving just the block in Axe Edit?

Normally, if you don't change the name, it will replace the block already saved. Otherwise, type in a different name.

I just select save and it comes up with Cab even if I select save as - and even if I saved it under a different name - it comes up with cab? If I type in the name I previously saved it under it does not save over it, it adds to it, so I end up with two of the same name?

"Save" will overwrite an existing block file if you started by loading that library setting, then made adjustments. If not, "save" and "save as" will both ask for a name and create a new file.

Here it will show a message and refuses to save if you type a name that's already used. If you paste a .blk file with the same name (different timestamp) to the block's folder, AE automatically numbers them in the list.

A video of the exact steps you're taking might be useful for more troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom