saving a scene

greg

Inspired
There is a scene within a Preset that I want to save. The Preset is something I downloaded, and it doesn't work except for one scene, which I like a lot. I want to create a whole new Preset out of this scene. How do I do that?

There is a scene within a Preset that I want to save. The Preset is something I downloaded, and it doesn't work except for one scene, which I like a lot. I want to create a whole new Preset out of this scene. How do I do that?
Copy the preset to another location. Now you have a new preset that contains the scene you want. Tweak it to taste.

You can also copy that scene to all the other scenes in the editor if you want to use that scene as your starting point for other future scenes.

Sorry, but I'm not following. I'm still pretty new to Fractal and have not done this before.

Casimir: how would I copy that one scene? That's what I'm not understanding.

Rex: if I copy the preset to a new location, I still have all the other scenes in the Preset that dont work. I want to get rid of everything except the one scene.

@greg in FM3 Edit, click the word "Scenes" (next to the 1-8 buttons, upper middle). The menu that pops up has "copy to" towards the bottom. Look at that menu to select where the active scene will copy to.

@greg in FM3 Edit, click the word "Scenes" (next to the 1-8 buttons, upper middle). The menu that pops up has "copy to" towards the bottom. Look at that menu to select where the active scene will copy to.
Plus, do what Rex said, first. That way, if you mess something up, you can always go back to the original preset, and start again.

I think you may need to get a better understanding of what scenes are:

They are only the bypass and channel selection states of the blocks in a preset.

You can not delete or save scenes. You can only delete or save presets.

You can also add/remove blocks to a preset and they will exist in all scenes.

What @unix-guy said.

Every preset contains eight scenes. No more, no less. If only one scene works for you, then don’t use rest of them. Or copy the scene you want into the other seven scenes, so it doesn’t matter which scene you’re on.

Bottom line: presets contain scenes. Asking for a scene without the preset it comes in is like asking for a gallon of water without the container it comes in.

Back
Top Bottom