sanity check with Songs & Sets

DTownSMR

Inspired
I would like to re-organize my song list and get it grouped/alphabetized. With all the red + cautions in the manual I figured it would be best to double check first.

The way I'm reading it, it is saying that doing anything to re-organize the Songs will invalidate the Sets page. And I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure that moving stuff around on the Songs page won't mess up the MFC Name/Friendly Name/Preset association.

Great question - thanks for asking. Your conclusions are correct. The SETS page points to a "song position" on the SONGS page. If you rearrange your SONGs then the SETS will still point to the old position which contains a new SONG now.

No need to be concerned about Friendly Names vs. Short Names being messed up. You can reorder songs on the SONGS page to your heart's content and all the names and presets will stay together.
-G

Thanks that's what I figured but just thought I'd check. :)

Are the various actions available (like move up & move down) associated with any keystrokes? Doing it solely by mouse is tedious.

On the SETS page you can move SONGs up and down by holding down the CTRL key and pressing up/down arrow. Not so on the SONGS page (yet) :). I had trouble getting the keys to work consistently on all three platforms when I first wrote this so I stopped implementing it. I guess I'll add that to the "desired features" list and revisit it as soon as I can. Fo the time being though, the only way is by the mouse right-click. I'll get that into a future release.

Actually, on second thought, I'll just add drag/drop functionality so you can drag them around to reposition them.

Actually, on second thought, I'll just add drag/drop functionality so you can drag them around to reposition them.

Completed and in testing. Will do more testing this weekend and release if it looks okay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom