Sad But True full song using modified ML Sounds metallica preset

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
So I was playing around with the Metallica preset I modified to record Wherever I may Roam last week and wanted to see if I could copy the crushing tones on Sad But True. I used the pitch block to tune my guitar down a whole step(i was in standard tuning) and quad tracked all the rhythm guitars. I'll include the presets but you'll need Cab Pack 7 and Ownhammer V30 library to get the same cabs. I was talking to a super gear nerd friend of mine and he told me Hetfield took the slave out of his MkIIc+ into a Marshall power amp, a parametric eq in the loop and then a marshall cab with v30s and sm57. I decided to try and copy this on the right panned tracks so I changed the power amp to el34 and added a parametric eq with hetfields settings. I recorded 2 rhythm tracks per side and had one with drive pedal on, one without on both sides. I like the results :)

Attachments

• ML Metallica IIC++ v30 and el34.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 34
  • ML Metallica IIC++.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.57.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.57.40 AM.png
    177 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.57.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.57.56 AM.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Random question. To record all the covers I've been doing, i'm just using garageband and dumping the backing track from youtube(converted to mp3) on a track and recording my guitars on top of that. On my computer the track is super loud but when I export it to disk and upload to soundcloud, the track volume feels like it's been cut in half. I have the master output on garageband all the way up for this track but as I play it in my car I still have to turn my car volume so high and then when something else comes on after it, it nearly blows my speakers. Is there a quick fix for this? Thanks in advance

Off topic but what do you use to convert your you tube videos to mp3?

As for your question, maybe try exporting your wave then using logic to "master" it?

Off topic but what do you use to convert your you tube videos to mp3?

As for your question, maybe try exporting your wave then using logic to "master" it?

It's just a YouTube to MP3 converter, I've tried a few different websites. Good idea I'll give that a shot, thanks!

I have Logic too, GB is just easier to do really quick

I suggest you to make "a quick record" template in the Logic daw. You know, where you have empty tracks ready with basic eq/comp. plugins for recording.

I have done this in Reaper and it just makes everything much easier and quicker, when i want to record something.

Back
Top Bottom