Sabbath Paranoid

The original has a bit more "late 70's recording equipment" to it, but I imagine if tony had modern stuff, it would have sounded more like yours does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original has a bit more "late 70's recording equipment" to it, but I imagine if tony had modern stuff, it would have sounded more like yours does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I was going for a little less of a 70's recording sound. I kind of diverged from the original a bit.

bogner shiva w/ a v30 cab. Then a treble booster for the solo. Also, phasing on one side of the solo.

Nice cover. I made a patch for that as well. Tony uses two amps for the lead, one panned left and the other right with a ring modulator. I did a similar setup on the ring modulator on one side and it's very close

Nice cover. I made a patch for that as well. Tony uses two amps for the lead, one panned left and the other right with a ring modulator. I did a similar setup on the ring modulator on one side and it's very close

Yeah, I started with the ring mod and although it sounded like the album, I thought I would go for something slightly different. The ring mod was a little heavy handed for my mood when I recorded. I went for different pickups on each take and a slightly sublter effect.

If I remember correctly I downloaded your vintage Brit metal patch and used that as a base. I modded it some for my setup, but it's the shiva. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom