Running Pedals in Front of the Axe-FX

hunterz263

Is it possible for you to run a pedal in front of the Axe-FX? I want to put Digitech's The Drop in front of the Axe-FX in the signal chain. Would it work?

Yes it is possible to run pedals front of Axe-FX ,i use Digitech Whammy DT for Drop tunings and Whammy tones. It is only pedal what i need whit Axe-FX II ,that pedal i use and all works wonderful.

Is it possible for you to run a pedal in front of the Axe-FX? I want to put Digitech's The Drop in front of the Axe-FX in the signal chain. Would it work?

Put it in the loop, and make the loop your first block.
This is a good idea or not, depending on what you're used to. And whether you have an output available for a loop. :)

Direct answer to your question: Yes. You can run a pedal in front of the Axe with no problem.

This is a good idea or not, depending on what you're used to. And whether you have an output available for a loop. :)

Direct answer to your question: Yes. You can run a pedal in front of the Axe with no problem.

Are there any restrictions on the input signal level to the INSTR? I mean, if there are conditions that could endanger the hardware in it. In my understanding, I have to use the rear input for line level signals ... please advice.

Are there any restrictions on the input signal level to the INSTR? I mean, if there are conditions that could endanger the hardware in it. In my understanding, I have to use the rear input for line level signals ... please advice.
You won't do any damage running into the INSTR input. Just don't hit it with speaker-level signals (like you'd get from a power amp). It's not meant to handle that kind of craziness. :)

The rated maximum signal level on the INSTR input is +16 dBu. That's way hot, even for line-level signals.

I just loaded 18.7 and was running 10 before. I ran a Kingsley Jester in front and it sounded fantastic. I probably could get most of those tones with the AxeFx, and who knows now, but it worked fine.

There are lots of dudes running pedals in front of the Axe-fx II. I find the result a little more pleasing than using the effects loop. For one, the effects loop adds noise to my signal (and with drives like the B7K this becomes a problem for recording). Additionally, I find the sound of pushing the input more pleasing than running in the effects loop. I've got a Cali76 compressor coming in this next week and my intention is to run that in front of any drives. I've also got a clean boost coming (A clone of the VFE Focus) do I'll let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom