Running Multiple Delays

Hi -

I run 3-4 different delays. Is there a way I can set up these to 3-4 different I/A switches so that when I tap on it it overrides the one in the patch?

Also, when I step on the patch again or another delay I'd like to go to the original delay in the patch or other delay respectively so that I'm only running one delay at a time. If so, how do I do this with the Liquid Foot Pro and AxeFx Ultra?

This is a pretty fun new toy!

Thanks everyone!

To get the delay IAs acting "mutually exclusive" on your LFPro you'll need to create an IA group. That way hitting one delay IA will turn off the other. All the functionality to do that is in the LFPro. If the IAs are tied to unique delays in the Ultra then you'll automatically get the desired effect once you group them.

stevieray said:
To get the delay IAs acting "mutually exclusive" on your LFPro you'll need to create an IA group. That way hitting one delay IA will turn off the other. All the functionality to do that is in the LFPro. If the IAs are tied to unique delays in the Ultra then you'll automatically get the desired effect once you group them.

Thank you. A few noob questions:

1) Do I need to take delay out of each patch so that it won't have several delays going on at once when I step on an IA switch when using a patch? Or do I just add the delay in the patch to the group?

2) How do I set up separate delays (I need four but notice that the Ultra only has 2)? Do I need to dedicate a patch to them or is totally different?

1) I'm imagining a patch with 4 delays in it. They are all either active or bypassed based on your foot controller. Your foot controller is set to only make one active at a time (IA group) so it's automatically only going to have one active at a time.

2) You can get more than 2 delays by getting creative with the types. There are 2 DELAY blocks, 2 MULTIDELAY blocks, and 1 MEGATAP block. The more advanced delays can usually be dumbed down if you need something simpler.

stevieray said:
1) I'm imagining a patch with 4 delays in it. They are all either active or bypassed based on your foot controller. Your foot controller is set to only make one active at a time (IA group) so it's automatically only going to have one active at a time.

2) You can get more than 2 delays by getting creative with the types. There are 2 DELAY blocks, 2 MULTIDELAY blocks, and 1 MEGATAP block. The more advanced delays can usually be dumbed down if you need something simpler.

Thank you. That's very helpful.

If I do this do I need to take delay out of each of my patches? Or do I need to add the delay on each patch to the IA group (if it's even possible).

Also, how do I edit delay 1 and 2? When I go into each patch and edit at the patch level, the next time I add delay on another patch it goes back to it's "stock" settings right? Basically how do I edit the stock delay settings?

You need all the delays you want to use in the patch. The foot controller only controls the bypass state of the effects. It seems as though you're thinking it can somehow "call up" an effect that isn't there. It doesn't work that way. Each preset on the Ultra is WYSIWYG.

There is no equivalent to Line 6's default settings. However, even more powerful is the effect recall. From the wiki:

"The Axe-Fx features an “Effects Recall” function. This allows the parameters of an effect in a preset to copied into the edit buffer. To use this feature simply navigate to the EFFECT tab under the RECALL menu. Select the preset that you wish to load from and the effect in that preset that you wish to load, and then press ENTER. The parameters of that effect will be loaded into the same effect in the edit buffer.

This is useful when you have an effect set up just the way you like it and only want to copy that effect into a preset you are building. Also note that any modifiers that are connected to the effect will be copied as well greatly simplifying preset construction."

690MBCOMMANDO said:
stevieray said:

Thank you. A few noob questions:

1) Do I need to take delay out of each patch so that it won't have several delays going on at once when I step on an IA switch when using a patch? Or do I just add the delay in the patch to the group?

2) How do I set up separate delays (I need four but notice that the Ultra only has 2)? Do I need to dedicate a patch to them or is totally different?

If you need 4 delays there are bunch of tricks you can do to get them (depending on requirements), but it will just be much easier to set up different presets.

The axe-fx only allows for 2 delays but those delays can be dual delays plus you have the 2 multi-delays you can add as well. Still it would be easier to have seperate presets.

stevieray said:
"The Axe-Fx features an “Effects Recall” function. This allows the parameters of an effect in a preset to copied into the edit buffer. To use this feature simply navigate to the EFFECT tab under the RECALL menu. Select the preset that you wish to load from and the effect in that preset that you wish to load, and then press ENTER. The parameters of that effect will be loaded into the same effect in the edit buffer.

This is useful when you have an effect set up just the way you like it and only want to copy that effect into a preset you are building. Also note that any modifiers that are connected to the effect will be copied as well greatly simplifying preset construction."

Hmmmmm... I am not quite getting all of this. I read this in the manual before, and I can get it to copy the parameters into the buffer, but how then do I 'paste' those contents into the patch I'm in the midst of editing?
(sorry if it is really obvious and I'm just missing that last piece of info)

The edit buffer is the patch you're working on. You have to SAVE the edit buffer to make it a patch. For example, if you make a bunch of changes to a patch and recall another patch without first saving the "edit buffer", all your changes will be lost.

So, long story short, go to preset you're working on trying to get that perfect delay into. Make sure you have inserted a matching effect type. I believe the number IS important here. I haven't done this in a while, but I think that if you want to recall a DELAY 2 from another preset you need to have a DELAY 2 in your new preset already. Then you do the effect recall, citing your perfect delay in another preset as the one you want to copy. After recalling, be sure to save the new preset.

stevieray said:
The edit buffer is the patch you're working on. You have to SAVE the edit buffer to make it a patch. For example, if you make a bunch of changes to a patch and recall another patch without first saving the "edit buffer", all your changes will be lost.

So, long story short, go to preset you're working on trying to get that perfect delay into. Make sure you have inserted a matching effect type. I believe the number IS important here. I haven't done this in a while, but I think that if you want to recall a DELAY 2 from another preset you need to have a DELAY 2 in your new preset already. Then you do the effect recall, citing your perfect delay in another preset as the one you want to copy. After recalling, be sure to save the new preset.

Thanks, I will give it a go :)

Back
Top Bottom