Running direct to FOH plus poweramp/speakers

deezy

Hey fellas, i had a search on the forum but haven't found a definitive answer.

We've got our first show coming up and i've been asked to run direct to to pa for front of house sound AND with to the fx return of an amp and cab(cab sim tuned off). I read the manual and it said to put in an fx loop between the amp and cab in the axefx but im still getting signal with no cab in my main direct out. Is there a solution to this issue?

heres my signal chain:

thanks!

Attachments

• axe screem.jpg
    axe screem.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 44
thanks. i tried that but still have the same problem with the signal w/o the cab sim bleeding through :/

That is what mine looks like, except I usually put an EQ to the left of the FX Loop so that I can fine-tweak the EQ on that output only.

Placing the FXL block like that won't change anything at Output 1. Can you provide more details about how things are connected? When you say "main direct out" do you mean analog 1/4" or XLR jacks labeled "Output 1"?

The reason for the manual diagram that shows two amp blocks and separate effects after each is that you can then disable power amp simulation for Out 2 only. If you don't care about that, the routing you initially posted works fine.

What are your speakers connected to? The Axe-FX or something else?

If you're routing the USB signal to another device, there's a setting that could cause what you're describing. At the I/O: Audio page make sure USB/DIGI Out Source is set to Output 1, not Output 2.

Check that you haven't got "Copy Output1 to Output2" set to yes

It's probably now referred in the menus as "echo output 1 to Output 2" but means the same thing. Check this as that's the likely culprit. Make sure the cables going from the Axe Fx to the power amp and cab are coming from Output 2 and obviously the ones going to FOH are from Output 1 on the rear of the unit or as has been said, make sure your USB routing is set to the correct output as well when going from that.

Back
Top Bottom