Running AX8 in front of amp

Hey guys! I Lately I've been trying to make a patch that is all effect blocks. No amp or cab block to run the AX8 in front of a tube amp like it were an FX8. I know this may be a silly question but the two things I have tried aren't working. The most recent was to have chain with nothing but effect blocks and I still got no signal at the studio. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone! -John

If possible describe your setup in detail, or post your preset.

Is your output level all the way up?
Did you have any fx set to mute when bypassed?
Did you connect all the blocks in the grid?

Dude! Thank you for your reply! Super huge fan of your videos on YouTube! You are the legit master! I guess maybe I should ask, how would you run a chain that would go Guitar > input of AX8 and Output of AX8 > Front of amp? The site won't let me post links until I post 10 posts it says. The most recent thing I tried was Having Effects blocks all connected. My output might have been way down on the fractal though. Does that matter? When I wasn't having any luck I just went to some of my DI patches. Thought I had this thing figured out and something as simple as this is throwing me off. Might just be one of them days! Thanks again for the help my friend! And please keep those great videos coming!

Couldn’t you just open one of the existing presets and bypass the amp and cab (leaving only the effects active) to get a visual representation of what your patch needs to look like? Maybe that would be a simple way to get a started.

Dude! Thank you for your reply! Super huge fan of your videos on YouTube! You are the legit master! I guess maybe I should ask, how would you run a chain that would go Guitar > input of AX8 and Output of AX8 > Front of amp? The site won't let me post links until I post 10 posts it says. The most recent thing I tried was Having Effects blocks all connected. My output might have been way down on the fractal though. Does that matter? When I wasn't having any luck I just went to some of my DI patches. Thought I had this thing figured out and something as simple as this is throwing me off. Might just be one of them days! Thanks again for the help my friend! And please keep those great videos coming!

Are you using AX8 edit or just the front panel? In any case, start by connecting shunts from the input to output in the grid with no effects blocks added; it should look this in AX8 edit. You should get an uneffected clean signal this way and you can add fx blocks from there.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.21.19 pm.png

Last edited:
Output should be ALL the way up to get the signal level roughly equivalent to a cable straight from your guitar.

Back
Top Bottom