Rug for effects/stage use

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
What rug are you using to put under your effects peddle board or for stage? Links? I am now using my iPad live on a mic stand and it cannot stay in its mic holder so I need a rug under my stage foot print to break its fall if that happens. Not to mention keep nasty/dirty surfaces form my gear.

I only use cheap ugly rugs. It keeps people from stealing them. Target always has cheap ugly rugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only use cheap ugly rugs. It keeps people from stealing them. Target always has cheap ugly rugs.

Good suggestion. I was going to say Walmart. Same deal. Actually, some of the rugs are kinda nice, but still dirt cheap. If you have to toss one for some reason or another, it's no big loss.

I just use a rug from Home Depot and tape down the edges. My pedal case sits on my mic stand which has a triangle shaped base and I have foam rubber blocks under each end of my pedal board to keep it from bouncing on my mic stand.

My pedal.jpg

The tape is a good suggestion. Keeps certain Bad Things from happening. I'm always surprised at how few bands carry any tape. I consider it as an important component of the gear. Gotta tie down your cords and so forth to eliminate trip hazards, plus duct tape is often a helluva repair tool.

The tape is a good suggestion. Keeps certain Bad Things from happening. I'm always surprised at how few bands carry any tape. I consider it as an important component of the gear. Gotta tie down your cords and so forth to eliminate trip hazards, plus duct tape is often a helluva repair tool.
Tell me you mean gaffer's tape, not duct tape. ;)

What rug are you using to put under your effects peddle board or for stage? Links? I am now using my iPad live on a mic stand and it cannot stay in its mic holder so I need a rug under my stage foot print to break its fall if that happens. Not to mention keep nasty/dirty surfaces form my gear.
You realize if your iPad falls, it's heading straight for your pedalboard, regardless of what rug you've got under it...

Maybe invest in a decent iPad holder for your mic stand? :)

Yeah, gaffer's tape, duct tape, highway tape, glazier's tape... that type of tape. I would say anything is better than nothing, but of course, some aren't suitable at all. Packing tape, cellophane tape, masking tape will all mostly cause more trip hazards in and of themselves than they'll prevent.

Yeah, gaffer's tape, duct tape, highway tape, glazier's tape... that type of tape.
Gaffer's tape is wonderful for the job. Duct tape will make enemies of whoever has to clean up the mess afterward. :)

Gaffers tape for the cables and such. Holds nice, cleans up great.
But for drums we use Gorilla Tape.
Sometimes we have a guest drummer without a proper drum rug and their stuff moves around pretty quick.
That Gorilla Tape is super stuff, but you have to be careful, we have pulled up paint, old varnish, etc. when removing it. I mean it's super strong!

I don't always use one, but when playing outdoors I use what is best described as a small rectangle of astroturf. Especially in sandy/beach sort of environments common to my area. The brushy material sweeps dirt and garbage from the bottoms of your shoes (including those with grooves, like tennis shoes or combat type boots) and keeps it from gritting up your pedalboard switches. I trashed a GCP once, and learned the value of clean shoes quickly. Took forever to clean that crap out.

Back
Top Bottom