Routing question...using both outputs?

Rockjunky

Hey guys I'm brand new here and and I'm really thinking about a Axe-Fx mainly for use as a processor but had a question about the internal that may solve some problems for me. Any light you guys can shed would be great.

I am running a amp with no effects loop in a W/D/W configuration know I could send the line out signal to the Axe and use both sets of outputs to send a cab simulated stereo signal to the house and also a unsimulated signal to my power amp and speakers to monitor onstage.

Now here is where it is tricky the Cab Simulated siginal going to the house would have the dry signal mixed in where the un-simulated signal going to the power amp would be totally wet with no dry signal at all. Is this possible?

John

Rockjunky said:
Hey guys I'm brand new here and and I'm really thinking about a Axe-Fx mainly for use as a processor but had a question about the internal that may solve some problems for me. Any light you guys can shed would be great.

I am running a amp with no effects loop in a W/D/W configuration know I could send the line out signal to the Axe and use both sets of outputs to send a cab simulated stereo signal to the house and also a unsimulated signal to my power amp and speakers to monitor onstage.

Now here is where it is tricky the Cab Simulated siginal going to the house would have the dry signal mixed in where the un-simulated signal going to the power amp would be totally wet with no dry signal at all. Is this possible?

John

Yes, split the signal off in parallel and 100% wet on effect send that signal off to both the unsimulated output and send it back in to the simulated line for a mix of wet and dry.

Hey java (or anyone really)

The 4CM is not a option doing this though right? I'm assuming the 1/4" and XLR outputs on output 1 see the same signal, so I would need to use output 1 (XLR) with dry mixed in to the FOH and output 2 no dry going to the power amp.

Rockjunky said:
Hey java (or anyone really)

The 4CM is not a option doing this though right? I'm assuming the 1/4" and XLR outputs on output 1 see the same signal, so I would need to use output 1 (XLR) with dry mixed in to the FOH and output 2 no dry going to the power amp.

Yes, but you can't use the 4 cables method w/o a fx loop or a line out on your amp anyway.

Back
Top Bottom