Wish Routing Outputs to Headphone

Liquid22

Inspired
It would be incredibly helpful (for me) if the headphone could be flexibly assigned to one of the outputs. I have the problem that I play at home with headphones and in the rehearsal room into a PA system (must be XLR). Output 2 is set for the monitor speakers with a fixed EQ setting.

Currently, I have the problem that presets that I tweak through the headphones later do not sound good in the rehearsal room. That's why I try to compensate the frequency response of my headphones at home using the EQ of Output 1. But when I'm in the rehearsal room, I have to set the EQ back to 0 so that I sound normal through the PA system. So I'm constantly jumping back and forth, adjusting the Output 1 EQ.

I was considering that it would be good if the headphone could be flexibly assigned to an output (instead of always having it on Output 1 as it is currently). For example, one could assign an unused Output 3 to the headphone and set a separate EQ. This way, you could have your own “Headphone-EQ” and be still totally flexible with the output 1-EQ

(In general, it would be great if the headphone had its own output block and its own hardware Volume-Control. But that is hopefully something for the AxeFX 4.)

I think the Headphone output is hard wired to Output 1, so I don't think it's physically possible. It would be a great addition though.

As a workaround, you can disable the Output EQs completely without having to adjust them. You can add that switch to the Performance pages for quick access as well.

1714330957006.png

You can also configure both the Graphic and Parametric EQ's for each output and it will remember those separate settings, allowing you switch between them on the fly if needed. That gives you three different EQ settings per output, Flat (Off), Graphic and Parametric.

I think the Headphone output is hard wired to Output 1, so I don't think it's physically possible. It would be a great addition though.

As a workaround, you can disable the Output EQs completely without having to adjust them. You can add that switch to the Performance pages for quick access as well.

View attachment 139553

You can also configure both the Graphic and Parametric EQ's for each output and it will remember those separate settings, allowing you switch between them on the fly if needed. That gives you three different EQ settings per output, Flat (Off), Graphic and Parametric.

Thanks for the Hint. I didn't know that at all. I think it's a very usefull workaround. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom