Routing options?

Spidouz

I see on the website:

"Analog output capabilities are similarly impressive with four fully independent stereo pairs: Output 1 features both XLR and 1/4” jacks for connection to FOH, monitors or other line level devices. Output 2 features a second set of XLR jacks and outputs 3 and 4 each offer a pair of Humbuster™ 1/4” jacks. Outputs 3 and 4 are designed for unity gain applications such as “the four cable method” or dual stereo inserts and can also be used as general-purpose outputs."

Regarding inputs and outputs 3 and 4, when used independently, can they only be used in pair?

In other words: can we route the inputs and outputs 3L & 4L independently from 3R and 4R? For instance use I/O 3L for Pre pedals, 3R for hardware Preamp, and then 4L Out for Post FX Send, 4LR In for Return, and 4R Out for a click, hardware amp return or whatever...?

Thank you

Well, I guess that's not something we can do then.... /bummer :(
That's a pretty strong statement to make based on zero evidence. :)

The inputs and outputs are independently placeable and routable.

With the extra grid space, extra CPU, extra block instances, two Send and Return blocks, some creative panning, and some creative thinking, that should be possible?

That's a pretty strong statement to make based on zero evidence. :)

The inputs and outputs are independently placeable and routable.

That wasn't a statement but a guess. But now that I know there's only 5 inputs and 2 send/return blocks, yes, that's a statement.
Unless you can prove me we can have 4 send/return Blocks or 9 inputs blocks... if so, show your evidence.

With the extra grid space, extra CPU, extra block instances, two Send and Return blocks, some creative panning, and some creative thinking, that should be possible?

Nope, as long as there's only 2 send/return blocks, it won't be possible for me. I'd already have to compensate for the lack of DI (but I could make it work with the SPDIF), but with only 2 blocks, there would be no way to independently use I/O 3LR & 4LR as 4 individual loops like the Helix Rack. So that's a dead end :(

As said, that's a bummer because I like everything else such the power or the new frontpanel (finally)... but all that is pointless if I can't connect everything I need/want. That's definitely a deal closer or deal breaker for me.

I hope that's something that can come in a future software update, I'll keep an eye on it.

Okay, I misread your post. You're asking whether left is independently routable from right. The four inputs and outputs are completely independent from each other. Left and right are together, though.

You don't need Send or Return blocks to make an FX loop. Just place ins and outs, and you're done.

Okay, I misread your post. You're asking whether left is independently routable from right. The four inputs and outputs are completely independent from each other. Left and right are together, though.

Yes you misread... but it's ok, it happens. And I know we can still use the panning thing and get creative like mentioned by Moke, but in my case, I would really need to use the 3 LR and 4 LR as 4 individual Loops on top of the Inputs and Outputs. That's why I said, unless we can have 4 send/return blocks OR 9 inputs blocks, I don't think I could make it.

Yes you misread... but it's ok, it happens. And I know we can still use the panning thing and get creative like mentioned by Moke, but in my case, I would really need to use the 3 LR and 4 LR as 4 individual Loops on top of the Inputs and Outputs. That's why I said, unless we can have 4 send/return blocks OR 9 inputs blocks, I don't think I could make it.

I think what you're imagining is likely possible. You'd just have to set a few balance controls and (maybe) vol/pan input select parameters correctly.

One FX Loop block and feedback send/return pair on the Axe-FX II allows using the FX Loop like two individually routable mono loops. With separate in/out blocks on the Axe III it should be even easier with no feedback send/return needed.

Yeah, I thought about that and read some posts about that, but I wasn't sure (and that's actually why I asked the question in the first place). Please correct me if I'm wrong then, the FX Loop would still act like a stereo block but we could still have two different path that goes in and out of this block. Correct?

Having only one block wouldn't be a deal breaker, I could still have a volume control in front if I want to individually mute one side. I might need to dig more on that. Thanks for making me think again about that Bakerman.

Can we already download the new editor (at least to try and check the routing I could do)?
(I know it has just been announced I need to be patient before to read the manual, get the editor, etc... but that's really something I would want to know. As said, it's kind of a deal breaker or deal maker for me...)

Please correct me if I'm wrong then, the FX Loop would still act like a stereo block but we could still have two different path that goes in and out of this block. Correct?

Correct for Axe II; on Axe III it would be separate in/out blocks instead of a single FX Loop block.

Well then it's maybe not a dead end! There's still hope...
I will need to dig on that and go read more about it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom