Rotary on Axe 2

What settings would you use to get a pronounced stereo effect with the axe 2 rotary? (other than use a stereo enhancer at the end)

Default mic spacing 50% results in a stereo image. And of course making sure the signal is stereo (Output 1 Mode = Stereo, and stereo cab if the Cab comes after Rotary).

Bad-Joke...Faux-Organ...Leslie/Rotary-FX

I can easily fake an orga...

Hi lp59,

For a second there I thought you were gonna say....ah, never mind - LOL!

Sorry for the juvenile humor in advance, but that "mis-direction joke" sort of wrote itself - LOL!

But seriously, that is probably the best compliment you can get about your playing and your use of the Axe-FX II's rotary effects if people/fans think they heard like a "real Hammond B-3 organ"...Mission accomplished, correct?!? I'm guessing you probably use hybrid-picking or pure fingerstyle to achieve that "simultaneous keyboard-attack" (as I like to refer to it)when you do your "faux-organ" stuff - Do you?

Bill

Hi Bill,

you're totally wrong here, 'cause the orgasm is real with this amazing Axe-FX partner! Never tired, no headaches!
:lol
Sorry but the joke was not that obvious as english is not my native language... But I have no problem to laugh at it!

To take it back seriously, yes, I play with pick between thumb and index and use the three other fingers at the same time to get this keyboard like note attack. I also favor close voicing like on a keyboard and avoid guitar's typical spread voicings.
When possible it's even better if I can sit. Then I have my left foot on the volume pedal and the right on my expression pedal to control the leslie speed. Playing with both simultaneously gives an even more realistic effect.

Back
Top Bottom