Rosen Digital IRs - Anybody try them?

It make me smile when he said about other commercial IR's "none of them work in the mix". ha!
You will have 3 IR's for $8 awesome :)

I'm too spoiled by OH and CK, cheers guys!

I heard about them in a previous thread , bought a couple to try, they're different for sure ! They do work pretty well in a lot of mixes , yes only 3 ir's per speaker , but one of the 3 pretty much will get you into a decent mix , however not so much live for me so far ! not sure I would buy any more of them ? Too many other options coming up with Cab pack 8 and the new OH stuff I'll have to give these shot before I would consider any more of these .

I bought the EVH-5150 pack yesterday, to match with the 5150 III Blue model in the Axe-Fx II.

There are only 3 (three) IR's in the package, i also needed to convert them with CAB-LAB LITE, as there were only .wav files provided.

However, even it's only 3 IR's in the pack, they all sound very very good (but very similar)
and tbh much better than most IR libraries with 100000000 different speaker and mic combinations! ;)

The Rosen IR's seem to be precisely engineered instead of being simply "guessed" when it comes to mic placement etc.

Well, OK, i need to write this a bit differently!

When you load them up for the first time, all you will hear is massive
apocalypse like bass, i mean extreme BASS, nothing like other IR's...

You have to turn back the DEPTH parameter down (which i always do anyway)
et voila, extremely good mix ready and clear/balanced sound!

Iam really stoked to try some other cabs, i was never really satisfied with IR's,
no matter which "brand" and version, even UltraRes didn't bring anyhthing "good" IMHO.

99% of the IR's i've tried (i did try A LOT) always sounded either boxy and flat, sterila or extremely boomy and muddy.

The Rosen IR's can sound bassy as hell but they are still clear, really hard to explain...it's better to try this on your own,
actually 8$ is a no brainer, so...

Back
Top Bottom