Rory Gallagher preset?

coodpy

Been struggling to find a Rory Gallagher preset for the fractal. Not having too much luck making one on my own either. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to share one they had made/found?

I love Rory, specially the "Stagetruck" period, where his sound was quite abrasive. Yek's suggestion is great.

Been struggling to find a Rory Gallagher preset for the fractal. Not having too much luck making one on my own either. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to share one they had made/found?

A huge part of his tone was his iconic strat, but you’re in luck. It’s going up for auction next month, so it can be yours. Estimated price is around 1.5 million US dollars.

A huge part of his tone was his iconic strat, but you’re in luck. It’s going up for auction next month, so it can be yours. Estimated price is around 1.5 million US dollars.
The trick of the tone is to madly scratch any Strat with a screwdriver and soak it in poop :D

Last edited:
Saint Rory of Cork is my hero, but I gave up trying to nail his tone especially on I Wonder Who from Irish Tour, which I believe was played though a Bassman. The fact that I'm playing an amp modeler through headphones and he's playing an amp to the point it catches on fire might have something to do with it.

Last edited:
From GP(March '78, while remixing Photo Finish)..."For years I used a Vox AC-30, which is the best all-around European amp I've ever come across. I still have it. The Shadows used to use them, and The Beatles used them, so you know it was the popular amp. But I found that when using the treble boost you got built-in gain, because the transistors were fairly primitive. If I used the normal input-which was very bassy as opposed the the brilliant input-I could get that nice rough edge without getting into a very fuzzy sound. I used that for years, and I've had odds and sods in between, but then I moved on tp an old Fifties tweed Fender Twin, which I still have. Then I got into a tweed Fender Bassman, and I recently got a Fender Concert, which is an old brown one, from around 1959, with four 10" speakers. I use a Hawk booster through that just to roughen up it up a bit, or if it's a quiet number I plug straight in and keep the guitar clean sounding." Q: Do you use the same setup in the studio? "Yeah, same thing, plus I have an old Magnatone, which went out through Sears, Roebuck in the States. Generally, I end up using the AC-30 or one of the old Fenders. I like to do lead parts live, so you obviously have to have an amp that will be fairly loud so the other guys in the studio can hear you."

Let's have an office pool on who buys it. My choice is Joe Bonamassa, who credits Rory for getting into the Blues and who performed with the guitar on stage.

Back
Top Bottom