Room Mic vs Reverb

B:ASSMASTER

Experienced
Which one do you guys prefer to use?

I learned the reverb trick from @Guitarjon videos and have noticed an improvement in my IR's sound.

However, just wondering if others like to blend in room mics rather than using reverb. If so, why?

Reverb, more tweakable, sounds more natural to me in I can tailor it to taste

I’ve never been a big fan of room mic, far field Ir etc, just harder to mix together

I prefer reverb to a room mic, unless the room is incredible and I can place all the instruments in the same physical room.

With reverb I can create any physical space for th cab to sit in that can also be inhabited by the drums, bass, vocals and keys just by copying settings.

If I am working with a room mic and trying to keep everything in that same physical room mic performance space, then I am trying to match reverbs to that space or mask that space with a common reverb for all.

I prefer reverb to a room mic, unless the room is incredible and I can place all the instruments in the same physical room.

With reverb I can create any physical space for th cab to sit in that can also be inhabited by the drums, bass, vocals and keys just by copying settings.

If I am working with a room mic and trying to keep everything in that same physical room mic performance space, then I am trying to match reverbs to that space or mask that space with a common reverb for all.
Never thought about that. This makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom