Rockett Pedals - The Dude - great sounding pedal

First thing I thought was "sounds like my Zendrive." Nice, indeed!

The ratio control is something I toyed with with a Zendrive block and trying to tinker with the mix control on it, but for some reason it didn't work well for me. I remember thinking that I must not understand what that mix knob was doing?

Sounds great. People dig the Zen Drive but it never really worked for me and sold it back. There was a high mid frequency that kept bothering me. When I rechecked the demos after I kind of could hear it now that I'd play it. In a band context it wasn't as apparent but it kept bothering me. I really like that Dude pedal though… Well according to that demo…. ATM I use one of the HRM ( not sure which one ) to get those tones and it's great.

one of the nicest overdrives i've ever heard

Not sure if it's the pedal or the "dude" playing that's blowing me away. LOL Either way, very impressive.

I'll have to check one of these out. It's always nice to have a "go to" OD pedal you can throw in a gig bag for a quick subway transit jam session.

Thanks for sharing that!

I loved the pedal when I first tried it!!

And sorry for hijacking but I since the Axe "has" a dumble it'll be nice to be able to have the BlueNote from Rockett. My fave and I still use it. Haha

Alright. Hijacking out.

Sounds all good and his remark that it "feels chewy" makes sense. I already have a good OD pedal but this tip is something to remember in case a replacement has to be bought in a hurry.

I use one with my Tokai Les Paul. I use it to compensate for the difference in pickup strength with my PRS.

Back
Top Bottom