Robot Sounding Patch like on prayer position from Periphery?

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
In prayer position there is this awesome sounding robot guitar sound. Any ideas how to make it? I heard you could make it with the pitch shiftier using 4 voices and setting them at random intervals.

I believe it's more likely that it's a synth arpeggiating something weird. It MIGHT be possible in the Axe, but it wouldn't be easy to figure out.

It sounds kind of like a Random Step Filter aka Sample and Hold or S&H. I used to have a Korg AX30G and a Korg AX30B that could do it. I was able to get close with my Axe-Fx II by using the Filter block and assigning a modifier to the Frequency and set it to random. Some people do it with the Sequencer, so it similar to the Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program.

This looks pretty cool. I've seen the sample video on their site of Nolly dialing in a bass tone, which led to me trying out the Fabfilter Saturn demo. I actually just finished learning Prayer Position on bass from the PIII producer pack, but it would be awesome to have the actual multitrack as opposed to just stems.

Back
Top Bottom