RIP Tom Petty..

RIP Tom Petty. Loved his unique style. Must have been great to be in a band with him. So many leaving us lately.

And exactly how is this related to the thread title "RIP Tom Petty"
He's trying to make @jefferski 's Tom Petty preset work. But you have a point: we're getting into basic Axe-Fx operation here.

@abe froman : There's a Vol/Pan block attached to EXP1. If you don't have that pedal set up in your Axe, just replace that block with a shunt. If you still have problems, start a new thread.

He's trying to make @jefferski 's Tom Petty preset work. But you have a point: we're getting into basic Axe-Fx operation here.

@abe froman : There's a Vol/Pan block attached to EXP1. If you don't have that pedal set up in your Axe, just replace that block with a shunt. If you still have problems, start a new thread.

Oky.. Didn't scroll through all posts... keeping calm and carrying on ;)

Reactions: Rex

Sorry everyone! You are correct. Didn't mean to get off topic.

Reactions: Rex
It’s sad ok, but many of the articles I read in the last two days didn’t say that with all his health problem he perform on stage until the last days. IMHO he lived a rock and roll life and he did till the end (even if with some help from medications).

"Musician Tom Petty died of an accidental drug overdose of several medications"

"The medical examiner's news release said the autopsy found these drugs in Petty's system: fentanyl, oxycodone, acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl, which are opioids; temazepam and alprazolam, which are sedatives; and citalopram, an antidepressant."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/health/tom-petty-cause-of-death/index.html
I mean, that's a ton of opioids....if that was regular it was just a matter of time. So sad....

I mean, that's a ton of opioids....if that was regular it was just a matter of time. So sad....

I don't believe it was, at least not from what I understand of the article;

"The family statement, which also was posted on Facebook, said Petty, 66, had suffered several ailments before his October 3 death.

"Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury.

On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full-on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication," according to the statement from Dana Petty, his wife, and Adria Petty, his daughter.

It was really sad when I heard Tom Petty had passed away.
Losing people by the millions (?) due to Fentanyl over doses isn't being addressed, for the longest time the majority opinion would be
drug addicts got what they were looking for. This is an epidemic created by big Pharmaceutical industries. They should be held accountable and forced to withdraw all medications that are way too potent, add some filler to prevent future accidental deaths.

https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/images/heroin-1495047499.jpg

Back
Top Bottom