RIP Rupert Neve

what a tremendous loss. and what a legacy that man leaves behind. the sound created with his creations can probably be heard on more recorded music than anyone else's and will most likely never be topped. perhaps the most important person in the field of audio.
r.i.p. Mr. Neve.

He truly was the Steve Jobs of pro audio. Or maybe Wozniak. He designed and built.

Seen old pictures of audio engineers in their white coats? They used to be actual engineers. Commercial sound gear wasn’t available. You need a mixer? Design it and solder it up yourself. Need a compressor? Build one.

I think in the future Cliff will be brought up in conversations with the likes of Neves and Les Paul.

It is absolutely amazing the list of musicians that were recorded at Sound City and made famous on the Neve sound Board. :)
So glad that Dave Grohl bought it and has it in his Sound Studio.

Very sad
A true loss to the pursuit of quality. I often imagined Rupert and Cliff to be of a very similar work and quality ethic. Admirable.
thanks
pauly

Just read about the passing of Rupert Neve. Can you imagine what would be of guitar (and music) had Rupert Neve decided to become a banker or a corporate office man?

I use my 1073 every single day and run my Fractal into it. RIP Rupert Neve!!!

A friend pointed me at an obit in The Guardian where there was a link to an interview that SOS did with him. One thought that kept crossing my mind as I watched the video was what did he think about digital modeling. So I was pleasantly surprised when he addressed the subject near the end of the interview .

I’ve cued the video to the section where he discussed modeling but the whole interview is well worthwhile.

https://youtu.be/jAwwsrnNdzg?t=20m50s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom