RIP Ronnie Montrose

That's sad. He was one of my favourite guitarists. Montrose (the first album) is one of my all time favourite albums. I like the Gamma stuff as well.

RIP Ronnie, enjoyed your music as long as I've been playing... thanks for the memories.

Hmmm, Gary Moore and Ronnie are jammin in the Clouds.

Saw Montrose open for Thin Lizzy w/Gary for one of my 1st concerts (after Pink Floyd Animals)

R.I.P. my mentor!

Damn dude, it's been a pretty rough year already. Lot of kickass talent heading up the heavens for open mic night.

Sad stuff. I met him in 2002 at the Summer NAMM show, and then was at the private party he headlined that night. Glad to have met him and glad to have shaken his hand. RIP Ronnie.

Very sad news. The first Montrose album had a big impact on me and gave me the same buzz when I heard it like the first Van Halen album did when that was released years later.

Razor King off Gamma 1 is one of my all time favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4XdhtXHfsM

God speed Ronnie.

Wow! This is the first time I've run into others that were fans of Gamma.

waynes-world_Excellent.jpg

When I talk music with others 99.9% of them have ever even heard of Gamma before. Their loss.

Wow! This is the first time I've run into others that were fans of Gamma.

waynes-world_Excellent.jpg

When I talk music with others 99.9% of them have ever even heard of Gamma before. Their loss.

Loved Gamma, used to cover Voyager in an old band I was in. I went to a Robin Trower gig a few years ago, the lead singer was Davey Pattison who sung on the Gamma albums, fantastic night!

I love Gamma.
We played The Four Horsemen back in '84.
I've played Space Station #5 and Rock The Nation as well.
Magic stuff....
Thanks Ronnie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom