RIP, Queen Elizabeth II

Apparently, this is the last time she appeared in public, to meet the new PM of the UK, Liz Truss. Still performing her duties 'til the end.

She took on a huge responsibility at a very young age. Definitely the end of an era. Not a royals follower, but the Queen has always been a part of the Canadian psyche and culture.

1662670171954.png

Last edited:
The world has lost something here, even if you’re not in the empire. She epitomized grace, dignity, consistency, and sacrificial service for longer than I’ve been alive… and that’s a long time! It does sadden me, because it’s like losing a touchstone to your life. Rest In Peace, Elizabeth. You’ll not be forgotten here!

She was my Queen...it sadden me...but..I'm still hopping that on my lifetime, "we" all tribes of monkeys we come together, abolish politics, politicians, monarchs, lobbyist, and ALL institutionalized religions, we write some algorithms (let's call it AI) to govern us with focus on improving our life quality all over this planet, so we can all have an joyful experience in life. Politics and religion are the cancer of our civilization...prove me wrong!

Longest British Monarch. She was Queen through a very pivotal time in history. Many great and awful events took place during this time. She was my parents generation so it is sad to see these final vestiges of another time leave us.

I feel strangely sad not having much interest at all in British royalty. She seemed like a genuine, kind, thoughtful and intelligent matriarch -- a role and individual unique in the public sphere.

I primarily have interest due to them being very distant cousins....

All who commented above, some very touching and thoughtful moments from you - thank you.

The news for the vast majority of people here (the hardest republicans apart) in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to Simeon’s point), the Commonwealth and for many others further afield, has been a very sad arrival of the inevitable. She has been the Queen for 70 years, through so many national and global ups and downs - and has provided calmness and consistency throughout. This has been in alongside some not inconsiderable challenges of her own (thanks to the behaviour of some of her sons!). It is going to take some getting used to.

I attach a link to a charming video made to celebrate her Platimum Jubillee….made the funnier as it was her idea.

Thank you Ma’am….for everything.

Hope you enjoy.

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Gilesy

Like many, I've never met the Queen. From what I've read and seen, ever since her passing, I think this is one video that highlights her charm, elegance and incredible sense of humour!

Back
Top Bottom