RIP Friday Firmware

This thread affirms what I've always thought which is that some (possibly many) consider fw updates to be part of the purchase price - some so much so that a few no fw Fridays in a row leads to them posting exaggerated statements like this thread's title.

This thread affirms what I've always thought which is that some (possibly many) consider fw updates to be part of the purchase price - some so much so that a few no fw Fridays in a row leads to them posting exaggerated statements like this thread's title.
But they are part of the purchase price. Says so right on the product page under Future-Proof Technology. Doesn't say every Friday, but there is a reasonable expectation of updates.

But they are part of the purchase price. Says so right on the product page under Future-Proof Technology. Doesn't say every Friday, but there is a reasonable expectation of updates.
I actually had to go look. You’re right. They commit to free updates.

Well it doesn't specifically say they are part of the purchase price, rather: "Fractal Audio set a new precedent for the industry with the philosophy of free updates" - a commitment to "free updates" as mentioned above. However one wants to view it, seems a good reason to go with Axfx. Anyway, credit where credit is due: Fractal definitely provides very generous updates compared to other platforms regardless of how the likely high cost of them is managed (they are a business remember, not a charity) - users getting miffed at a few no fw Fridays is kinda distasteful imo, specially after a huge update like we just had.

Last edited:
You seem to forget that after we (Axe Fx 3 owners) got the Big dyna cab update cliff and crew most likely needed a break it is summer after all, and they've also been busy with getting the FM9/FM3 MK II/Turbo released and updated them with the Dyna cabs updates. Its only fair they get a break and show some love to people who bought the floor units. As if i was a betting man id say the FM units are the more in demand and purchased units so most likely the main income vs the Axe 3 currently.

You seem to forget that after we (Axe Fx 3 owners) got the Big dyna cab update cliff and crew most likely needed a break it is summer after all, and they've also been busy with getting the FM9/FM3 MK II/Turbo released and updated them with the Dyna cabs updates. Its only fair they get a break and show some love to people who bought the floor units. As if i was a betting man id say the FM units are the more in demand and purchased units so most likely the main income vs the Axe 3 currently.
With every new feature in fractaland there are tweaks and improvements. One could look back through the change logs if they wanted to. Beyond that Cablab 4 isn't released yet, it's recent development implying dynacab integration (not sure if there is an official statement). And on more than one occasion they've mentioned 3rd party and fractal Dynacab packs that need to be developed... All of these things take incredible amounts of time. At any business I've worked at, downtime isn't really a thing unless it's due to unavoidable things like a holiday slowdown or an international component shortage.

Nothing new, right?

Chris Hayes is an underrated guitarist, he is a monster player. Very catchy well written licks and riffs with solos that always fit the song. Love listening to his guitar playing and trying to figure out his stuff. His tone was not the norm for the 80's, it was really good for the time and still holds up for the most part.

I'm perfectly happy with the state of the AxeFx III, but is Cliff OK? We haven't heard from him in a while.
Not trying to be paranoid, but just checking. He is our own Elon Musk, after all.

Last edited:
7xpkng.jpg

Back
Top Bottom