Interesting Xenforo Features, Tips and Tricks

Do you, like me, enjoy expressing yourself through animated pictures?

If you answered yes to that question you're in luck! Because adding GIFs to your posts just got a little easier. There's a GIF button in the rich text editor now. Click that and you can search and insert GIFs inline in your posts.

Awesome The Lego Movie GIF by Trolli

The button is here:

View attachment 99691
Cartoon Thumbs Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

just in case...

to Unignore a thread (or person) click your username at the top right, a menu pops up and you'll see "Ignoring" near the bottom. click that and go to the tab you want, like Threads, near the top. unignore there.

just in case...

to Unignore a thread (or person) click your username at the top right, a menu pops up and you'll see "Ignoring" near the bottom. click that and go to the tab you want, like Threads, near the top. unignore there.
I was just coming to ask that exact question. Thanks!

just in case...

This:

1693357192291.png

(Pulling this out of a thread on searching the forum and putting it here)

We use ElasticSearch to power to the search box.

Search syntax for ElasticSearch is:
  • + signifies AND operation
  • | signifies OR operation
  • - negates a single token
  • " wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching
  • * at the end of a term signifies a prefix query
  • ( and ) signify precedence
  • ~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness)
  • ~N after a phrase signifies slop amount
Quote the phrase if you want to match an exact phrase. "this is what i want" for example.

You can use the drop down next to the search term entry box to constrain the search. The default is is Everywhere but you can constrain it to Threads, This Forums or This Thread.

1695474979655.png

I just looked at my bookmarks (forum bookmarks, not browser ones), and there's a lot stuff in there that must have happened by accident, probably fat-fingered on my phone,

Cleaning those up is annoying. You can show them all, but far as I can see, you have to delete them one by one, confirming each one.

Is there a better way?

If not, is there a feature you could turn on to show checkboxes next to each one, with a button to Delete Checked, that confirms once for the whole lot?
If that exists, I vote for enabling it.

Back
Top Bottom