Right Channel Going Out?

JazzMac251

Inspired
It's the strangest thing. When being used as an audio interface, my AxeFX2's right channel will sometimes randomly fade out. I'll have to re-insert the headphones cable to fix it. I'm not sure if it's firmware related because it happens so randomly, but I do know it's not my headphones or any of my adapters. This only happens on the Axe.

Sometimes I'll plug in and immediately find there's no right channel, nothing seems to get it back. After re-inserting, restarting the Axe, rebooting my computer, for up to an hour, it'll suddenly come back and be fine. Other times there's no issue at all. Sometimes there will be no issue for hours, then the right channel will suddenly fade out and the problems will start. Sometimes the right channel is ever so slightly quieter than it should be. Super weird.

Anyone ever had this problem? No idea what's going on.

You mention that you have to reinsert the headphones but I would be interested as to whether this fade of volume affects other outputs xlr or 1/4 inch jack?
This might help work out if it is solely the headphone output or if the problem may be elsewhere.

Also when the problem happens, if you leave the headphones plugged in and only reboot, what happens? It wasn't altogether clear from your post if you had tried the fixes individually?

There might be a loose connector inside your Axe. Get hold of Fractal support. They might just suggest reseating a connector.

You mention that you have to reinsert the headphones but I would be interested as to whether this fade of volume affects other outputs xlr or 1/4 inch jack?
This might help work out if it is solely the headphone output or if the problem may be elsewhere.

Also when the problem happens, if you leave the headphones plugged in and only reboot, what happens? It wasn't altogether clear from your post if you had tried the fixes individually?

Sorry, it's been a while since I had time to mess with this.

Rebooting fixes the problem immediately...but only for a time. It creeps back eventually. Same with re-inserting the headphones cable. It's weird because I can hear audio start panning itself over to the left - sometimes very fast, sometimes slow - then it's gone from the R channel for good.

Playing loud with lots of low end (recording bass tracks) tends to make the R channel crackle when it's acting up. I get no clipping warnings from anything.

There might be a loose connector inside your Axe. Get hold of Fractal support. They might just suggest reseating a connector.

I suspect it's software related because rebooting (temporarily) fixes the issue.

Back
Top Bottom