Right channel clipping

mnwst

Inspired
Hey everyone,

Did a quick search but no luck. I'm on day 2 of 3. Last night I noticed the red clip light on the right side of both Inputs 1 and 2 are staying on. I'm not getting close to clipping and checked levels in Utility. I tried powering down and up again but those two lights are still on. Everything is working and it sounds normal. I can't do anything drastic as I'm about to go on. Thoughts?

Staying on as in won't turn off no matter what? If so, that's a new one on me. If it sounds okay, run with it.

Thanks guys. I'm on break and now the units front panel controls are not responding at all. Luckily my MFC is still changing presets. I'll plow through and possibly do a complete reset before tomorrow's gig. I have alternatives worse case.

Thanks guys. I'm on break and now the units front panel controls are not responding at all. Luckily my MFC is still changing presets. I'll plow through and possibly do a complete reset before tomorrow's gig. I have alternatives worse case.
You could have a loose connector inside the unit. If it were me, I'd open it up and reseat all the internal cable connectors. If you're worried about what that might do to your warranty, contact Fractal support first.

You could have a loose connector inside the unit. If it were me, I'd open it up and reseat all the internal cable connectors. If you're worried about what that might do to your warranty, contact Fractal support first.

Thanks Rex! I'll check that out as I'm out of warranty.

Last night I had the same issues only there were now no lights indicating any signaling, including clipping. Front panel controls were also not functioning. MFC was still controlling the unit. I reached out to Support today and they got back to me really fast and said to check the same thing. The cable/connector to the front panel was barely seated, probably came loose after many road trips recently. I seated it properly, and all is back to normal.

Thanks so much Rex and Mark at Fractal Support!

Back
Top Bottom