Rig Rundown - Steven Wilson & Guthrie Govan

"Going digital" seems to be a hard credibility factor. I just wouldn't feel safe gigging with such a complicated setup. What if a cable breaks? And seriously the amount of tap dancing on three boards... crazy!

This is all business. Switch from Suhr to Fender, everyone using Wampler pedals now etc. = $$$$$$

This is how you survive in the music industry. Everyone (except us) is buying Wampler pedals and Suhr guys got their eyes on Charvel etc. Guthrie admits that his Charvel doesn't stay in tune but "sounds better"... sounds like Fender money to me. But I'd probably do the same thing if I was him.

This is all business. Switch from Suhr to Fender, everyone using Wampler pedals now etc. = $$$$$$

This is how you survive in the music industry. Everyone (except us) is buying Wampler pedals and Suhr guys got their eyes on Charvel etc. Guthrie admits that his Charvel doesn't stay in tune but "sounds better"... sounds like Fender money to me. But I'd probably do the same thing if I was him.

I saw Guthrie front row in Chicago, literally feet from the man haha (Could actually hear his guitar acoustically as he tuned), and he tuned sooooo many times.

BUT, When I saw him with The Aristocrats (using his Suhr) he tuned just as much if not more :p

Oh also his new Amps, (Victory) sounded really great! They had a marshall-y character to them that I in particular enjoyed. It really fit the sound of the band/mix and sounded huge. Although, Guthrie could plug into a potato and make it sound pleasing to the ear haha

I really hope Steven Wilson will add another US leg and come through Dallas/Fort Worth. I would love to see him with Guthrie and his bands are always amazing.

Oh also his new Amps, (Victory) sounded really great! They had a marshall-y character to them that I in particular enjoyed. It really fit the sound of the band/mix and sounded huge. Although, Guthrie could plug into a potato and make it sound pleasing to the ear haha

although he is a fractal artist, this says it all. the way guthrie plays guitar he could really play through anything! and yes although I have bought a axe as well and being inspired by great players like tosin and guthrie its always hard to keep a balance now with the two. im trying to practice and learn things as well as trying to get a good sound out of the axe!! so many things to learn :)

I just saw Guthrie playing with The Aristocrats in Pittsburgh on Tuesday (8/6/13). No Fractal gear in sight. He was using his Charvel guitars, a Suhr Badger 30 head into a Suhr 2x12 cab, and a pedalboard. Sounded great...but no Fractal stuff.

Back
Top Bottom