Rig Rundown: Shinedown's Zach Myers = Axe FX II

Dwight

Another great player using the Axe.

"At the beginning of this year, Myers ditched his arena-rock-approved, five-amp “rig of doom” (including two Diezel Herberts, two Fuchs Mantis heads, and a Diamond Hammersmith) for a streamlined Axe-Fx II tonal headquarters. Myers’ patches are built off pre-programmed amps (although he did sample his Fuchs Mantis): a Diezel Herbert, a Fryette, two AC15s, two AC30s, and a ’65 Bassman. A Crown CE4000 power amp is cranking his Diamond 4x12 for stage volume".

Heres a link to the article.
Rig Rundown: Shinedown's Zach Myers & Eric Bass | Premier Guitar

I would love to get his FUCHS Mantis preset! I was also endorsed by FUCHS and ran the Mantis before switching over to the AXE FX.

Didn't sound like Zach was overly stoked with the AxeFX... but then again, it didn't sound like he understands it *that* well either ;)

Cool stuff all the same :encouragement:

Didn't sound like Zach was overly stoked with the AxeFX... but then again, it didn't sound like he understands it *that* well either ;)

Cool stuff all the same :encouragement:

Seemed more like he was frustrated that after all the programming a new FW hit and he had to do it over again and that he couldn't use AE and had to use front panel.
These are similar frustrations expressed here and often balanced with the excitement that with each new FW we were getting more realistic an accurate modeling.
While for those that are bedroom players these might not be show stoppers, if you're just about to embark on a major tour ( not talking about - I have a gig at the local sports bar where the game is going to be blasting on huge flat screen TVs while I play my set "touring") it can be a bit unsettling to take a new technology out on the road that you had to completely reprogram the night before,
OK maybe not the night before , but it was obvious to me that's what was bothering with him.
Not sure if he's on 11.3 yet but hopefully he's settled in with the rig and finding it to be meeting his requirements.

PS somebody hip him to the MATRIX amps!

Last edited:
]This interests me because I think ZM's guitar tone on the song Devour is one of my favorite modern rock guitar tones... That and Adam Jones' tonr on 10, 0000 days.

I wonder if ZM is getting a tone close to that and which amp is getting him there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom