Review: KickTags from pedalboardlabels.com

why360

Inspired
I have been trying to find the opportunity to post a review of the Kicktags I purchased from pedalboardlabels.com for a while now...well here it is.

Kicktags review in one word, AWESOME! ....enough said. Now go get yourself some. Okay, I have a bit more to say than that.

I must say when I had my first look at my labels I was surprised. I expected magnets with pretty pictures and text printed on them....but these have quite a bit more to them than that.

First off, the labels seem to be at least two different layers. The first layer is a magnet and a thicker than expected one at that. The top layer or layers is the label it's self. This is where I started to see the craftsmanship involved. The fit of the center holes that the switch goes through is about as perfect as it gets. There is very little slop here, which really helps keep these guys in place.

My labels are the two piece variety with glow in the dark text labels. Which brings me to the second thing about these labels that surprised me. The top layer of the label is (well seems to me to be) offset ever so slightly, creating a channel in which the small text labels sets in. This channel keeps the small (thus less magnetic) text label from wondering off.

Lastly, from what I understand, Sukh takes the time to hand paint the edges of the top layer and then adds a clear coat finish to the label. The clear coat is a nice touch, not to matte and not to glossy.

The color of these bad boys is nothing short of vivid. I actually find myself just admiring my MFC and thinking ..."damn that just looks cool".

I like them so much I have ordered more, thus the two naked buttons.

Sukh's customer service is second to none. I had a couple questions before my order and the replays where very quick....and VERY personable.

In short a great deal of thought, time, effort, skill, and dare I say love obviously goes into each label Sukh creates.

If you have been looking for a labeling system for your MFC look no further than pedalboardlabels.com.

Ryan

IMG_1443_zps5b5e6999.jpg
IMG_1442_zps38040344.jpg

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a detailed review - that's really very cool of you :D

Also very glad you noticed some of the little touches - and yes, the top layer is offset for exactly the reason you thought so that the text label can't fall out during transport.

Cheers matey - I should be doing your 'extra' labels in about a week - will be in touch!

Sukh

Back
Top Bottom