Review/Discussion: Retro Channel Stereo Power Amp

I'm a Matrix endorser...In no way will I force or push anyone to buy the product, but I can educate people about the product. Products are like colors some one likes red and the other blue...It's waterver feels good in the hands of the player...if the Matrix works for the person great and if the Retro Channel works for the person great....aether way people win...just because Matrix works for me that doesn't give me the right to say that is the amp for the whole world.

On September 15th 1956 Elvis Presley hits top of US R&B chart for first time with ‘Hound Dog’
We are celebrating by offering a $150.00 discount on the new Retro Channel Stereo power amp for the first 56 buyers.

Coupon code: HOUNDDOG
You will receive a $150.00 discount upon checkout with the code

I am announcing this sale one day early.

We have been finding that customers love the power amp with the Fractal, Digi 11, Kemper, as a wet/dry rig amp and even as a straight up pedal platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqt4c...JjwPWtM2VXlddQ

RetroChannelQ

I asked Lance some questions about the RetroChannel, regarding specs.
Sadly, the amp does only accept 8 ohms load - which is why I can´t use
em for me.
I truly was astonished by the sound and dynamic range Lance
demonstrated. He´s having great skills and feel.

Are there other alternatives besides the RetroChannel and the MatrixAmps?

Chris

Just to drop a short feedback... After Buying first the RCF NX SMA 10 (great monitor) I bought an active CLR (even better though I have an issue with the bass response in BL mode). In an A/B comparison with a vibroking I could get very close with those two but you could hear the difference miced amp / amp in the room. Although I really love the concept of FRFR I was tempted to try the combination Amp/Cab and as I used mostly Marshall type IRs and own a 2x12 Marshall cab I gave it a go and contacted Lance. I got a great offer and eveything went really quick and well and now I own a stereo power amp too :)

The amp is great - cool design and very much fun to play! It is also a bonus to me that it could be used as "real amp" directly plugging in my guitar (clean to crunch). Using the Axe II you normally would not really need the "pre gain" knob to simulate more tube gain, but it is really great and fun to use - I caught myself often starting with a clean preset and turning up that knob ;-) Anyway... I am very satisfied and the band mates love it too, so I will use the CLR at home and the Retro Channel with Cab at Rehearsal. Before going to gig (on rare occasions to be honest) I will make up my mind which route to take for that.

Lance, if you read this: thanks very much!

(I live in Germany and I am not affiliated with any of the named brands....)

Just to drop a short feedback... After Buying first the RCF NX SMA 10 (great monitor) I bought an active CLR (even better though I have an issue with the bass response in BL mode). In an A/B comparison with a vibroking I could get very close with those two but you could hear the difference miced amp / amp in the room. Although I really love the concept of FRFR I was tempted to try the combination Amp/Cab and as I used mostly Marshall type IRs and own a 2x12 Marshall cab I gave it a go and contacted Lance. I got a great offer and eveything went really quick and well and now I own a stereo power amp too :)

The amp is great - cool design and very much fun to play! It is also a bonus to me that it could be used as "real amp" directly plugging in my guitar (clean to crunch). Using the Axe II you normally would not really need the "pre gain" knob to simulate more tube gain, but it is really great and fun to use - I caught myself often starting with a clean preset and turning up that knob ;-) Anyway... I am very satisfied and the band mates love it too, so I will use the CLR at home and the Retro Channel with Cab at Rehearsal. Before going to gig (on rare occasions to be honest) I will make up my mind which route to take for that.

Lance, if you read this: thanks very much!

(I live in Germany and I am not affiliated with any of the named brands....)

How is the weight in kg?

I assume the retro channel handles 4 ohm mono, correct? I saw the posts that say no to 4 ohm stereo but, 4 ohm mono is like 8 ohm stereo.

What happened to Retro Channel ?
I'm going to buy a power amp for my axe and wasn't able to make a choice between the Matrix Gt1000fx and the Atomic reactor 50/50 power amp ... This seems to be the solution I want ! Just found one Retro Channel used in San Fransisco but nobody can really answer my questions on the specs of the power amp. I am living in France and wonder if it handles 230v european voltage ? I saw Germans buying and selling those but still no infos and the Retro-Channel.com website is for a Tv channel now ...

Help ! :(

I don't believe they make them anymore. Lance who built them used to be on this forum if you look at post 64 that is him. Ping him and he should be able to answer your questions.

Back
Top Bottom