Reverse delay

Tubiflex

Inspired
Have been trying to copy the reverse delay Hackett use on the solo in Ripples (starts at 4:23) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJa9gEUa0To

I cant find the right combination of time, x-fade time and feedback. Right now I use time 4oo ms. x-fade 50ms and 10% f.back - but It dosnt sound right.

Hope someone can help me to make a more realistic preset.

How about this?

Though AFAIK there will always be some issues especially with long notes..

Jens

One reverse delay, just default settings and mix 100%, followed by a delay set to mono and default settings.

I am packing my rig for a gig tomorrow morning, but I can upload the patch tomorrow if you want it. :)

Jens

yeah, they flipped the tape over, added delay and then flipped it back again. not possible to accurately recreate this in the axe, because it can't see into the future (yet)

I'm not sure there's reverse anything there. Seems like a slow-gear type swell effect w/ delay.

If it was reverse guitar all those quarter notes wouldn't be so quiet, but they are because the picking keeps resetting the envelope. Judging from the amount of drive there wouldn't be as extreme of a swell (or decay if you listen reversed) either.

Thanks to your tip Bakerman, I have managed to get pretty close to the original (close enough for me:) by using a vol. block with envelope attached - settings: threshold -60 db, attack:52ms, release:7.35ms, gain:2.56. after a fuzz block, before amp -dly-rev.
To have long sustain in certain places, I control bypass mode of the vol. block with my exp pedal.

Back
Top Bottom